This may seem like a dumb question, but I could't find any other posts about it.

What is it with all the empty (static) chests in dungeons? I've read somewhere that, per OSI, these should spawn loot regularly once opened. But this does not seem to be the case.
Do I need special spawners for this to work?

Also, I'd like to know what the general state regarding (non-static) treasure chests and treasure maps is in ServUO. Will I be able to play/enjoy a treasure hunter character if I make one?

Good question with the empty chests-but I remember this happening for a very longgg time even with Runuo :) Treasure chests and maps should work just fine, maybe some one with an OSI account can inform us if the empty chests happen also
Forgot to add there are filled chests also -just many empty ones.

Last edited:
Can confirm that both types of chests (empty ones, locked with treasures ones) are spawning. In fact I remember the empty ones are always static as in they do not respawn. They are part of the deco or whatever.

The locked ones can be opened with lockpicks or magery, if high enough.

Tmaps are working, but the new treasure guardians hasn't come in yet (the new drakes)

Currently there's no way to gm lockpicking. Satyr discord does not work because the satyr doesn't seem to use that skill. Picking GM locks can only get you to high 90's.

Can confirm. Crates, barrels, and chests do not always have items. UO and UO emulation pretty much do it the same way. Some do. Some don't. Brigand spawns will have items, some dungeon chests will have items, and town crates found in shops.

by default you could never gm lock picking by grinding. it would only take you to 95 and then you had
to gm on treasure chests or t-map hunting chests, lvl 5, maybe lvl 4 cant remember.

you could of course edit these to gm by grinding if you want.

back to op it was done this way in emulators to begin with for a few reasons. Less item count,
always other more important things to do, etc. There where always empty containers in the world to begin with,
but you could find for example weapons, armor, gems, etc in open barrels.

you can just delete most of those deco containers and replace with treasure chest spawners.

im sorry if im just repeating stuff you already know.

Back