1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unconfirmed Bug enhanced client inventory

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Yenene, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Yenene

Yenene New Member

Hi there, I'm new to the forums but I'm a vintage UO player and serv hoster... back to UO beta ;)

So I've came to set up a new server to show how great this game is to my friends and we noticed a really annoying bug. Though most old players may not like it, we play via the enhanced client. A lot of features are too good to go back to old inventory style.

There seems to be a bug where the inventory slots get messed up, at first you are able to arrange them as you will, but after some playing items seem to get "stuck" to particular slots. Then they just disappear and the slots can't be filled. It looks like as if the unequip/reequip/blessed agents fill the same tiles with 2 different items then abandon those tiles. Sometimes after a server reboot, the backpacks seem to reset and bug is fixed sometimes it isn't. The only way I was able to fix it was destroy the backpack ingame (with GM powers) and replace it.
    The previous fix was edited in container.cs and item.cs server files it seems.

The issue was discussed and fixed in previous updates (see thread https://www.servuo.com/threads/enhanced-client-and-inventory.6800/) but it seems to be back ingame. It is especially annoying when a player dies, grid inventory gets messed up everytime a little more...
    Has anyone resolved that issue?

thanks for your time and keep up the great work !

2. Dexter_Lexia

Moderator ServUO Developer

Yea, I dunno. In my pack, I couldnt see any arrows, and when I used xmlfind to bring them to my feet, the slots cannot be used.

3. Yenene

Yenene New Member

So ServUO does not support grid inventory ? Is there a way to activate right click loote options with classic bag views ?

4. Dexter_Lexia

Moderator ServUO Developer

It does but it's buggy. You can switch to classic containers in the enhance client. I would suggest that until we can figure out what's going on.

5. Yenene

Yenene New Member

Ok I've been trying to compare the container.cs with the one Santaranger provided in his previous fix but I'm affraid I lack the time to really get into it. For now it only seems to get fixed by deleting player's backpack or restarting the server.
    I'll wait until someone can get into it and update if I find anything useful.
    thanks