Dan(Tasanar)

@Dexter_Lexia - I am just tagging you for the question on the performance.

Now that ServUO is supporting the enhanced client I just have a few questions! Thanks for anyones time in regards to answering these questions.

1. Now that ServUO supports the enhanced client will it impact shard performance and use more resources on the host side of things?

2. Would it be possible to get an option, maybe in the form of a Config, to either allow, or disallow, players connecting with the enhanced client? I only ask because I know in the past there was an issue where EC players could see CC stealthed players. There could be other minor issues that come up as more and more players start to support it and I would like to be able to disable it if this happens.

3. What is the best program to remove encryption and use the enhanced client?

Thanks guys!

I thought they had stated that the EC wasn't officially supported yet? (Not arguing, just asking.) I actually fired up the EC on #1856 yesterday and took a spin with it. Pretty cool, but obviously some bugs still. I haven't actually tried to play a game session with it.

The only thing I'm aware of is the UoSALoader program, where you alter the cheese file. But, if there is an alternative, I'd love to know.

The question is not directed to me, but, as I saw the differences between the clients, I can tell you it will make no difference in performance. Some packets changed, there are some new ones, and that is all. Things like send (1 instead of 0). Can't see that making any measurable impact on performance.

About the config thing, did you saw the "Enhanced Client (Not) Detected" thing? I believe you can force a disc there, if you wish.

I use UOSALoader, since 2009, I think.
I have it on my personal FTP.
www.maicom.com.br/uosaloader.rar

You edit the .cfg file and run the exe.

I sugest you to download this thing from the official channel ( I suppose there is one ). Downloading .exe from people you don't know is the stupidest thing you can do.

I mean, if the EC is now supported, which the last few pull requests require it to be, why would we make two forums for bug reports? Even people who do not use the EC will feel the impact of the code, as the last crash I reported shows. The forums should be cleaned up a little and made less confusing not more.

A shard owner who does not even use the EC, but uses the newest svn, may not even understand that the EC was the reason for his crash or bug.

I say keep all bug reports in one forum, but maybe just add a new option for tagging it, IE: Unconfirmed Bug to EC Bug.

But if you use the newest SVN it has all the code. All these changes are in the core, so unless you want to edit all the packets you are stuck with it

The last server crash from the newest SVN is when using containers in the EC. Regardless if all your players use the CC all it takes is one person to log in with the EC to crash it in regards to containers.
[doublepost=1486841847][/doublepost]Then why was it added? Some bugs could be game breaking. Maybe a way to force disconnects then.

That would require the owner finding out the cause to fix it and at that point the owner would know the player is using EC.

So how would you stop someone from using the EC.....if regular bugs take priority and the new core allows anyone using it to connect?

Hypothetical - anyone who downloads ServUO from here on out HAS to deal with the fact that the EC is hard coded into the core.

You may only play CC, they now can log in with the EC. As bugs and crashes come up in regards to this there may be no way to get it fixed in a timely manner since as Dexter pointed out it could take more effort...what are we do to?

A config option, or something in Client Verification would be nice to stonewall non CC connections.

Bugs are triaged by on an on the fly basis. If there is a bug that is causing crashes often in the server it will be looked at regardless of what system that code is in. If it's say a visual bug, which much of the EC bugs are then other bugs will take precedence. Of course, this being a volunteer project it is totally up to the person working on bugs at that time.

Code:
ServUO Version 0.5, Build 6248.37290
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
.NET Framework: 4.0.30319.42000
Time: 2/10/2017 2:11:51 AM
Mobiles: 33555
Items: 278936
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DropReq6017(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc) in c:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Heritage\trunk\Server\Network\PacketHandlers.cs:line 1207
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns) in c:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Heritage\trunk\Server\Network\MessagePump.cs:line 187
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice() in c:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Heritage\trunk\Server\Network\MessagePump.cs:line 121
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args) in c:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Heritage\trunk\Server\Main.cs:line 569

that was the last crash I reported. I follow along with the SVN so I know changes happened lately for the EC. Your average player that downloads the SVN may not be able to tell why or what caused it. I know that is really their fault for not knowing but stuff like this is going to get reported now, in the wrong spot, all the time. I was only suggesting keeping 1 forum for all ServUO bugs.

It's your guys show so make two bug forums, but it is going to get confusing.

Even if the person reporting don't know that the EC systems is the cause the devs here will and will move the post if needed. It's really not that big of a deal there, the main thing is sorting for the devs that know the EC stuff to be able to deal with that and the devs that know the CC stuff will deal with that.

Understood. Then I think one great feature would be a way to allow shards to straight block non CC clients. If this is possible.

Noob question.... When you say enhanced client, do you mean the 3D client? If so, how do you get it to run? mine says it has been disabled for some kingdome BS

edit:
P.S. after reading the posts here do I even want to tell the guy how to do it? He says the screen is too small for him to see....

Back