1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error trying to load saved object?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cass Winterhaven, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Cass Winterhaven

I was fiddling around on my test shard and created spellbooks to test each system and make sure it was working correctly, I did world save after testing them and closed my portal. Later that evening I got the Error about loading a saved object for every Spellbook type I had added to my pack. Here is some of what I received as an error:

World: Loading...An error was encountered while loading a saved object
    - Type: Server.Items.BookOfNinjitsu
    - Serial: 0x4000263F
    Delete the object? (y/n)
    Delete all objects of that type? (y/n)
    After pressing return an exception will be thrown and the server will terminate.

Error:
    System.FormatException: Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list.
    at System.Text.StringBuilder.AppendFormatHelper(IFormatProvider provider, String format, ParamsArray args)
    at System.String.FormatHelper(IFormatProvider provider, String format, ParamsArray args)
    at System.String.Format(String format, Object[] args)
    at Server.World.Load()
    at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)
    This exception is fatal, press return to exit

If anyone has an Ideal why the books wont save and where to correct it, I would appreciate your time and assistance.

Attached Files:

2. Tasanar

Are you using ServUO?

If so how up to date are you?

3. Cass Winterhaven

No, I have my test shard set up with JustUO . That's what I have been using last few years that I have been reconstructing areas and testing things I have scripted as I learn

4. Milva

Admin Moderator

You might need some one to check the end of your spellbook scripts for the Deserialize and Serialize

5. Cass Winterhaven

Thanks for the suggestion Milva, I will take a look but they had been working fine. I'm thinking something in the All spells Script I add a few months ago may be a culprit. Ill get back with ya all.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 5, 2018 ---
    *Update* Somewhere along the line a chunk of IWearable code got put in there. Not sure if it was something that got added for a script modification or what but as soon as I downloaded a fresh install of Spellbook.cs and added Druidic into code it worked fine. They save upon exiting and are there when I restart my server.