I get this error when I run Compile.win.

I uploaded ServUO to a windows 2012r2 server.

Any ideas?

Knights Templar error.png Knights Templar error 2.png

Last edited:
looks like you didnt set the datapath.cfg since it says it can not find the TileData

Open it in the editor or another text editor in general so you can see the actual formatted text. Right now it has no space or a line ending afterwards so it will not see that path

I don't know if I follow.

I open the file in windows notepad.
remove "#".
go to file tab, push save.
Then hope for the best. :)

There is an example how it usually looks like, since your CustomPath is right connected to the . from the previous line I would assume that you also deleted the line separation / end. Thats why I would recommend you another text editor :)
ExampleConfig.png

Well I used Sublime Text but you can also use Atom or Notepad++ or any proper text editing tool, those should be able to see and handle all line endings properly

Near I can figure it has been the same problem all day.

Knights Templar error 4.png
[doublepost=1488413316][/doublepost]the part I don't understand is I have a working copy on my PC.
But now that I uploaded a copy of serv uo and a classic client to my server. I can not get past config.win on my server? :(

Well its the same error, did you change your datapath then? Like did you add a new line infront of CustomPath?

@VanDweller, you need to download and install Notepad++ (my goto expanded text editor for Windows) onto whatever machine you're going to do your work on.

Then, when you go to open the file, right click it. Select "Open With...", then navigate to your Notepad++ executable. There is also a checkbox to set that as your default (not a bad idea) execute option.

Then, you'll be able to really get to work setting up your server to compile correctly.

This is what it looks like with my new editor.
Knights Templar error 5.png
[doublepost=1488418819][/doublepost]
@VanDweller, you need to download and install Notepad++ (my goto expanded text editor for Windows) onto whatever machine you're going to do your work on.

Then, when you go to open the file, right click it. Select "Open With...", then navigate to your Notepad++ executable. There is also a checkbox to set that as your default (not a bad idea) execute option.

Then, you'll be able to really get to work setting up your server to compile correctly.

Just downloaded notepad++ now.... thanks.

ok, that looks right, do you also have an ultima install at that path? If so did you try starting the server as administrator?

You changed Datapath.cfg to your correct game client also?
The green print above where your looking to change- it would look as that- so it would be the line your pointing to -but
with CustomPath = @"C:\Program Files\Ultima <<<<your client location
Not quite sure with the datapath cfg changed though why you would have this problem- some times you also need to go in and give permissions for certain programs to run- other then just admin

I am up and running!!

ServUO is on my VPS humming like a smooth High performance V8.
We have been in and out of UO for a day or so with no problems.
Mission complete!

Back