Awaiting Feedback Exploit and second bug in the functioning of exploding mixtures.

LordFenris

Squire
Jul 21, 2014
Operating System
Windows Server 2019
ServUO Version
latest - git 01.12.2019
1. Unlike OSi on our emulator, explode potion throwers do not take damage from their potions.
2. It is possible (with the help of external scripts - maybe UO Steam) to cast up to 8-9 potions at the same time during e.g. PvP fight. Thus, the naked character can defeat the player literally covering him with damage from the explosion of potions.

One player described it to me like this:
"Apparently, the script is able to fire the potion second after second, but throws them all just before the end of time at the current target.
Thus, these potions practically explode on the current target
I skip the fact that if you manually fire a potion, you must throw it because you have the target on the mouse before you start another potion.
Here the script skips and starts e.g. 3 and later he somehow throws 3 at once. Naked character can beat whoever he wants in this way "

I reviewed this problem on UO boards and it turned out that on OSi years ago they had similar problems with the exploit on potions and it was eliminated - link:

Post automatically merged:

And one more things

I do not know how it is possible but it can be caused by our coding that such a potion or its group literally follows the current player: D

At OSI, we were unable to cast explode potion in such a way that he would stick to someone and follow him. If it already lands on the player on the ground and eventually explodes immediately but it does not follow him like a magic arrow.

Last edited:

Dexter_Lexia

Admin
ServUO Developer
Jul 3, 2014
USA
Shard Name
Heritage
Donate
Donate money to this user
1. Unlike OSi on our emulator, explode potion throwers do not take damage from their potions.
wasn't this fixed recently?

2. It is possible (with the help of external scripts - maybe UO Steam) to cast up to 8-9 potions at the same time during e.g. PvP fight. Thus, the naked character can defeat the player literally covering him with damage from the explosion of potions.
What did EA do to fix this?

JGreen

Squire
Jul 16, 2019
They blocked any tool that was not approved. uo steam can not login to ea shards.

LordFenris

Squire
Jul 21, 2014
@Dexter_Lexia
The last change only partially solved the problem because - as I wrote in the previous bug report - the potion thrower should also receive damage if it is within the range of damage from the potion thrown to the ground. Now not receiving. The patch only covered damage from the potion used in the backpack.

As for the problem of using several potions at once, we examined it. In general, it looks like on OSI there is no possibility to use another mixture before you throw the somewhere already held - for which the countdown began. On ServUO, you can run several potions during the countdown of the mixture held and the hand (e.g. with a UO Steam macro of 3 potions, second by second during the 4-second timer) and then throw them so that they de facto deal damage one by one.
Post automatically merged:

They blocked any tool that was not approved. uo steam can not login to ea shards.
Yes, UOSteam is not approved on EA servers like EasyUO. On ServUO, after enabling "Negotiate features", you can normally play Steam. Launching EasyUO is also possible.

Recently, OSI has started a fierce fight against macro - see the link below on their website:

Last edited:

LordFenris

Squire
Jul 21, 2014
@Dexter_Lexia @JGreen I think that when it comes to explosive potions, the simplest, preventive measure would be to introduce a clock between using subsequent potions (e.g. 3-4 seconds). For this - potion at the explosion (whether in a backpack or on the ground) should deal damage to all characters within the explosion range (monsters and players).
This can be implemented regardless of any changes in assistants.cs regarding Steam and EasyUO support

Last edited:

LordFenris

Squire
Jul 21, 2014
Yes:
here is a today OSI movie with 2 group toon

Both - the caster and his group mate take damage from their potion.
Similarly, the potion owner gets damage - if he fires it in the bag.

Dexter_Lexia

Admin
ServUO Developer
Jul 3, 2014
USA
Shard Name
Heritage
Donate
Donate money to this user
Ok, he's gray and flagged on you. Of course he will take damage, this follows any standard Indirect damaging spell. What if he is green or blue? Is he then taking damage?

LordFenris

Squire
Jul 21, 2014
in a situation where both characters are innocent (blue), only the owner of the potion (the person who threw it) will receive damage, similarly if the second character has the Green status, also only the thrower will receive damage.
In both cases, on the OSI, the thrower receives damage from his potion if it is within the range of the explosion, while on the ServUO he does not receive such damage.

Reactions: Dexter_Lexia

LordFenris

Squire
Jul 21, 2014
And here you have a recording, as with the current ServUo mechanics rules, you can throw several potions at once and multiply damage to another player even through the walls inside guard zone. As I wrote earlier, our observations on OSi show that it should not be possible to throw another explode potion during the ongoing countdown.

Reactions: Dexter_Lexia