Hello Guys & Gals,
I just finished updating my family shard to RunUO 2.5 and would really like to load test it to see how many clients I can have on at one time before the lag gets so bad you can't play. Basicly, I want to know how many people I can let play and will I need to get a new computer system to run the shard for the whole family.

So if your fully updated to the latest patch of UO, have Razor 1.4.0.3 and would like to help, the test will be on Monday July 21, 2014 between 2pm and 4pm PST. If you have multiple computers please feel free to create accounts log them all in.

Shard Name: New Eden
Shard IP: 71.94.169.242
Port: 2593
Open Registration during the load test

Not trying to discourage you, but seriously.. you will never get enough response between here and RunUO to do this realistically. If you have any sort of decent PC running the server, and a good connection, you should be able to have a good 50 to a couple hundred players on there running around before any noticeable performance loss.

You would be lucky to find 10 people from advertising like this.. And again, not trying to let you down, just saying so you dont hold any expectations of mass people all interested in logging on your server, when it will not happen.

Pretty much the same client but.. Servuo contains much more ML and SA, that is not to say I'm trying to switch you over because I'm not :)

I recall back in the begining of RunUO, Ryan, Krrios, Zippy and the others put a stress test together, and had some couple thousand connections without any real noticable preformance loss. Was just slightly longer save times, but as far as running around went, there was no real difference between a 20, 50, few hundered and pretty certain even past the thousand mark.

Its going to be more dependant on the Computer system you are using, and connection you supply the players. The EMU in itself will handle just about any amount of players you can log in. Unless you for see having more than a thousand players online at a time regularly.. there is no reason to worry about anything. Even the largest shards out there having a few hundred players on at a time never had any real issues with too many clients.

In my opinion, you wont reach enough players in the server's life time to worry about too many clients lagging the shard. So just continue with your shard's progress as if you have achieved a stress test. Unless you have a buggy script that causes trouble, your going to be just fine :)

Back