rvvvt submitted a new resource:

Fix command prompt freezing on Windows Server - Windows Server users: you'll want to do this

If you are running windows server, youve probably experienced an issue with your server freezing seemingly randomly. Heres the solution.

When you run ServUO.exe or the compilers on Windows Server, you might notice the cmd window freezing or your server freezing and not loading, but also not crashing either ... to fix this, in command prompt, right click the title bar, click defaults, and be sure you UNCHECK the quick edit mode box (edited)
View attachment 21246

[ATTACH...

Read more about this resource...

Bro if this is going to fix the perma nosense freeze of the server i'm gonna be so maaad, ty really much

When disabling that option you won't be able to select any text anymore.
What's causing the freeze is clicking inside the cmd which turns on the selection mode, you can press "Escape" to leave the selection mode which also unfreezes it

Yeah I did that many a time when I first started playing with the server and it would freak me out.. took me a min to figure out what was causing the freezing haha... You can also just hit enter or right click to copy your selection which in turn also kicks it out of selection mode.

Right - bringing focus back to cmd window will temporarily unfreeze your server... until the window loses focus again. Or you can uncheck that box and never have to mess with it again.
Bro if this is going to fix the perma nosense freeze of the server i'm gonna be so maaad, ty really much
Hope it helps.

Back