Forum Software Upgrade

dmurphy

Admin
ServUO Developer
Feb 10, 2014
*update 2*

Added a giphy button in the text editor. You should see it beside the smiley button :)

*update*
I have enabled syncing of Discord users and forums users. This will allow us to sync user-groups between platforms and some other neat features. If you have a special usergroup here at ServUO and would like it to show in Discord you can now sync at https://www.servuo.com/account/connected-accounts/

*Original Post*

Hey folks :)

You might notice that ServUO is looking a little different today! That is because I have updated the forum software to the latest and greatest version.

What this means is we now will have the latest features and optimizations that xenforo offers! However, this also means that some features we had before will not work anymore due to them being incompatible with the latest version of the software. The biggest feature missing being the shard list.

The shard list was a big project that I never managed to get finished. Over the years it became bloated and slow and buggy so I made the decision not to work on the existing system to bring it into the latest version of ServUO. Instead I will be going back to the drawing board on it and come up with another solution in the future. Not gonna promise that will be any time soon though as it is a big undertaking but we will get there eventually.

As with any big update to anything, there might be bugs. Please let me know if you notice any and I will work on them ASAP.

You might notice small things changing over the next couple of days too while I work on fine tuning the forum.

:)

Last edited:

dmurphy

Admin
ServUO Developer
Feb 10, 2014
Unfortunately the tutorial system we used is not yet updated to work on the latest version of Xenforo. I am currently looking into alternative solutions.

Quasar

Oct 26, 2018
My icon to go to the site looks all 13198 boring ;] for a few hours earlier it looked normal, The updates seem to be going great and getting around is easier. Thank you for putting in all of this effort.

Joshua

Sep 13, 2014
Bountiful, Utah
Shard Name
My Own Shard
Only bug if it is a bug I have to report is before the update, my session kept going and it sent me updates on post, even if i left the site open without activity for a few hours. Now it doesn't. but just saying ;) otherwise, all is good on this side!

Lokai

ServUO Developer
Dec 4, 2014
Western New York State
Shard Name
Test Center
Donate
Donate money to this user
Only bug if it is a bug I have to report is before the update, my session kept going and it sent me updates on post, even if i left the site open without activity for a few hours. Now it doesn't. but just saying ;) otherwise, all is good on this side!
Perhaps along the same lines, I stopped getting notifications of updates to posts that I am watching Friday sometime. Not sure if I would even be notified if someone tagged me or quoted me. Perhaps notifications are bugged in general?

PyrO

Jan 27, 2015
Well I didnt notice that I got the dot when there was a notification befor, after the update. But now I do not and I do have to manually update the site :/

Ishya

Apr 2, 2015
Same for me I do not get notification updates unless I refresh and before it would tell me without having to refresh

dmurphy

Admin
ServUO Developer
Feb 10, 2014
Auto notifying of conversations should be working again.

Perhaps along the same lines, I stopped getting notifications of updates to posts that I am watching Friday sometime. Not sure if I would even be notified if someone tagged me or quoted me. Perhaps notifications are bugged in general?
Hmmm, I am getting notifications just fine. Can you check your spam and see if they ended up there? I did move our transactional emails away from sendgrid to Amazon SES so there might be some email reputation hit but it should be temporary.

• Love
Reactions: PyrO

Milva

Admin
Mar 3, 2013
Donate
Donate money to this user
Yes it is :) dmurphy will be working on it more this weekend

Last edited: