zerodowned

A friend is running a forum with several thousand members to support a dibilitating condition.

The host she's using is going to triple their cost next month and she's looking for recommendations for a new host that's cheap, about 25 dollars or less to match her current cost.

Edit: importing existing members and posts is required

Any suggestions?

Donations from her community are scarce due to almost all of them are on disability. Costs are being raised to 60/month

Last edited:
OVH if you are not afraid of setting up a webserver on a vps. ~4 bucks a month for a pretty good vps.

Thank you
The site is currently on Ning and using groups, user profiles and so on.
Doing some searching the best option for exporting seems to be WordPress with BuddyPress plugin

Thank you
The site is currently on Ning and using groups, user profiles and so on.
Doing some searching the best option for exporting seems to be WordPress with BuddyPress plugin

All of which has nothing to do with the host. But a plugin you use prior to moving it.
Or just download the database.

All of which has nothing to do with the host. But a plugin you use prior to moving it.
Or just download the database.

Was referring to the part of my first post:
Edit: importing existing members and posts is required

I'm quite newbish when it comes to hosting and setting up a database, so I'm looking for a way for my friend and I to do this on our own since there is no one else to assist.
BuddyPress seems to be the most common option for importing a Ning site

she's looking for someone to do the transfer for her, i've offered to give it a try but no exp. doing this kind of thing and would hate to mess something up

If I had the time my man I would hook ya up no problem it is actually pretty straight forward lemme know if you need any assistance!

Back