I know were not usually supposed to ask but if anyone could point me towards a clean install of UO at version 5.0.9.1 I'd be greatful, un-logged into and un-altered would be great ;).

I'm after the whole games directory and files, zipped or not I don't mind.

That's just the client which I have, it's the entire game folder I require, the old version I have will not patch from 4.0.11c

Any help.... well yeah, would be helpful ;)

@Hank has been trying to find a copy of that as well.
I've been trying to help. Closest I've gotten is a fresh install from a 9th Annivesary CD I have. Ver. 5.0.4 I think it was.
Won't let you patch though.

Just a thought, that I've test but very minimally, if you copy the Models and Particles folders and then the TD client into a file, it will work.

Example: I have a UO folder, patched to 6.0.something, I took the TD client from 9th Anni fresh install and the Models and Particles folders and pasted them into the 6.0 folder and it ran.
Before I did that if I tried to run the TD client in the 6 folder it would display the message to use the KR client.

That repository of client files is not complete! They are not the full files for versions 3.0.0j - 5.0.9.1
Verified missing files for 5.0.9.1 include: uotd.exe, granny.dll, Entire Models & Particles Folder...

For only the 2d client, I think all the files are there.

I believe these are the same files that joinuo had been hosting. After Derrick had sold it...

I am able to run clients under 6.0.0 without making those changes to the server. I'd still recommend making those changes to avoid problems.

Also with the 5.0.9.1 repo these files are empty by default so you can just make a txt file, rename it to them and place them into the client folder. anim3.def, anim4.def, ignore.lst, umacros.txt

I'm not able to get 5.0.9.1 classic 3d working. it seems this repo for it is missing uotd.exe and granny.dll? Anyone know anything about these? I only know this because I have them in my 4.0.11c install which is my current working classic 3d files. also I know uotd.exe is kinda important because it is a registry value that is required to make the classic 3d client work/auto detect with razor in my experience.Edit: Just came to me that uotd.exe may stand for uo third dawn, this is the exe for the classic 3d client.

Last edited:
I'll take a look at everything tomorrow when I get time but thank for those links everyone.

My old server used 5.0.9.1 because the older map and gump tools work etc etc etc, plus 6.0.0.0 was the change to haven (which I hated), also the old 3D client did work up to that point, might have the old files needed for that but i'll have to take a look.

Long story short tho... CTB-Cryptlocker got me, screwed some of the files in the directory but not all of them, over 6 years worth of programming down the pan plus years worth of photographs and personal files.

I always say it... backups... this time I should have taken my own advise but put off burning 47 DVD's worth of data... said i'll sort it next week lol, next week never came :-(

Anyway... thanks for the help guys ;)

7.0.7.1 worked well for our shard. It has SA but not HS. It still uses MULs so I had no trouble customizing it with a Darkshard map in place of Fel, new mobiles and artwork, and even changes to the music.

sorry, been lost on scripting a char... gametec says you the man...
i having problems with bank system, i can not get a check, and when i deposit gold it goes ? and says i have a cliloc error. i can withdraw it.. could this be a client issue. i am running 7.0.63.2..

Back