Hello,
I tried a fresh installation of the current build of ServUO (checked out from git, compiled, spawned using the "createworld" command) with the latest UO classic client 7.0.63.2.

I started a new character in New Haven and walked into the (ruined) Old Haven area. I'm seeing misplaced decorations and I'm experiencing something like invisible walls with pathways, as if the Old Haven buildings are sort of trying to exist but they can't (screenshot of a part of it attached). There are bookcases floating in the air, doors not attached to anything, and other stuff like that which looks like unexpected behavior.

I remember trying ServUO a few years ago (at least 3 years ago) and experiencing a similar issue with the then-current ServUO and UO client, and someone responded saying that "this is normal and expected", although I'm still not sure how so since it looks very much like a glitch. Even if we don't take into consideration that it looks odd, if you somehow manage to walk inside there (or, worse, somehow teleport yourself into the middle of that area), it'll be next to impossible to find your way out without using the Staff Runebook or another means of teleporting yourself out of there (since you can't see the walls, stairs, and whatever else is there that's blocking the way but that is invisible).

Can someone please assist? I'm pretty sure that this is just me doing something wrong or some kind of configuration option that I'm missing :/ Maybe the game is trying to spawn the map as if it's still the classic Haven even though it's meant to be in ruins now? Can this be remedied somehow? Here are the exact steps that I've taken:

1. Checked out the ServUO git repo.
2. Modified DataPath.cs to point to my UO client folder.
3. Compiled ServUO and started it, created an admin account.
4. Installed a fresh official client and patched it to the latest build, which showed as 7.0.63.2.
5. Used "createworld" (everything checked, as by default) to spawn and decorate the world.
6. Walked to the Old Haven ruined area with the first character I made (owner account).

Thanks very much in advance, and keep up the great work! Overall, ServUO is a very enjoyable and interesting experience!

P.S. I was thinking about posting it in "bug reports", but I hesitated since I thought that this is not necessarily a bug, but possibly something I just don't understand about ServUO and its configuration. Feel free to move the thread to a more appropriate place if suitable.

Attachments

• OldHavenIssues.jpg
    OldHavenIssues.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
They might return- some items do :) but haven is pretty much a mess now - you could also check your Config folder-then datapath.cfg set your path there also-if nothing changes you are just fine. Just for any one else also always be sure that razor is set to the correct uo game path.

Back