I have scoured through these forums and unfortunately most don't have the OP saying whether it works.

I've also run through the tutorials and suggestions that have been passed on to others.

I have forwarded port 2593. I have set the rule under Windows Firewall. I have added ServUO.exe to the Firewall list.

ISP:wtfOver.png Comcast

I have verified my public IP Address.

My client version is 7.0.63.2

Canyouseeme.org:

Error: I could not see your service on 71.57.209.164 on port (2593)
Reason: Connection timed out

My friends/family all use Razor and have the same client version. They definitely have the same IP/Port typed in on Razor.

Side note: Is it normal that ServUO is listening to four IP Addresses and none of them are my Public IP?wtfOver.png

What am I missing?

Sections I changed per Tutorial

SocketOptions
Code:
public static readonly int Port = Config.Get("192.168.0.7", 2593);

Datapath
Code:
private static readonly string CustomPath = @"C:\ServUO\UOClassic";

ServerList
Code:
public static readonly string Address = ("192.168.0.7")  ;

Server.cfg -- Original name, I know.
Code:
Name=The Underdark

@Address=
@Port=2593

Whatismyip.com gives the same results each time:

• Your IPv4 is: 71.57.209.164
  • Your Local IP is: 192.168.0.7

Hmm try adding your ip in the Server.cfg address also, you might have to talk with comcast to be sure they do allow ip connection or have you? :)

I haven't contacted Comcast, yet. But I will have to try that.

Server.cfg
Code:
@Address=71.57.209.164
@Port=2593

I also tried re-compiling afterwards.

Still the same results.

I can connect from my own PC. I don't have a secondary. My attempts have been through canyouseeme.org.
whats the connection address Ill try to connect to your server. NM Its certainly a config issue in the server.

Last edited:
71.57.209.164; 2593
[doublepost=1524286455][/doublepost]I also can't wrap my head around why it is listening to certain ports but my Public IP isn't listed

Revert socketoptions.cs and serverlist to default values. I think config handles it for you. If server.cfg is set right I think it should work

Restarted.

ServUO added entries for ServerList: Auto-detect. It has the public IP included.
[doublepost=1524287562][/doublepost]maybebaby.png

I'll have to try Comcast. That'll be a challenge since most of their support doesn't follow.

I appreciate your help. Not sure what's hanging if it isn't the ISP

My Dad and I always hit hard spots with this back with Sphere but he always managed to get it to work. I'll post an update if Comcast gets anywhere.

Sections I changed per Tutorial

SocketOptions
Code:
public static readonly int Port = Config.Get("192.168.0.7", 2593);

Datapath
Code:
private static readonly string CustomPath = @"C:\ServUO\UOClassic";

ServerList
Code:
public static readonly string Address = ("192.168.0.7")  ;

Server.cfg -- Original name, I know.
Code:
Name=The Underdark

@Address=
@Port=2593

I dont know what tutorial says to do this, but the part from SocketOptions is already wrong. It is looking for the Config where you put your local ip. So it uses the second value, the 2593 as a default / fallback value.

The Datapath.cs change is not needed either. You can set the path in the config file.

The ServerList again not needed. You normally do not even need to alter that anyway. Not even in the config file.

I haven't contacted Comcast, yet. But I will have to try that.

Server.cfg
Code:
@Address=71.57.209.164
@Port=2593

I also tried re-compiling afterwards.

Still the same results.

Also if you DO change something in the Config files and you see an @ or an # infront if it you would need to remove that sign. It is a sign to say "its a comment" so that in this case it gets ignored.

All you need to do when you run the shard is have your router forward it to your servers local ip (you did that)

and then make sure that no firewall on your pc is blocking that port. You said you allowed ServUO.exe in the Windows Firewall and that you set the rules.

But make sure that you really allow traffic both ways on the port 2593 on your server. And if you just want to test if it is your firewall (if you just run one) then turn your firewall off temporarily.

Also just to mention it, the other pcs (unless they are on your local network) need to use the external ip to connect. So if you have your local ip fixed for your gameserver somewhere, then they would just get redirected to the local ip wich would mean it would try to connect to their local network.

I dont know what tutorial says to do this, but the part from SocketOptions is already wrong. It is looking for the Config where you put your local ip. So it uses the second value, the 2593 as a default / fallback value.

The Datapath.cs change is not needed either. You can set the path in the config file.

The ServerList again not needed. You normally do not even need to alter that anyway. Not even in the config file.

Also if you DO change something in the Config files and you see an @ or an # infront if it you would need to remove that sign. It is a sign to say "its a comment" so that in this case it gets ignored.

All you need to do when you run the shard is have your router forward it to your servers local ip (you did that)

and then make sure that no firewall on your pc is blocking that port. You said you allowed ServUO.exe in the Windows Firewall and that you set the rules.

But make sure that you really allow traffic both ways on the port 2593 on your server. And if you just want to test if it is your firewall (if you just run one) then turn your firewall off temporarily.

Also just to mention it, the other pcs (unless they are on your local network) need to use the external ip to connect. So if you have your local ip fixed for your gameserver somewhere, then they would just get redirected to the local ip wich would mean it would try to connect to their local network.

I’ll give this a shot when I get home. I havent read anything about the @ and my coding is about 13-14 years rusty.

Thanks
[doublepost=1524353442][/doublepost]This is the tutorial that lists modifying SocketOptions among other things.

https://www.servuo.com/tutorials/servuo-setup-server-router-information.24/
[doublepost=1524363431][/doublepost]I've replaced all the files you listed with the originals from ServUO Master and kicked off the firewall.

Still no luck.
[doublepost=1524408417][/doublepost]I have contacted Comcast and they offer little assistance. Speaking with someone that seems to understand blocked ports is next to near impossible. Those that do refer to their list online which is incredibly short. Unbelievably so.

Using Hamachi and leaving every file alone short of changing the Shard name? Works without a hitch.

I had a similar problem the way I fixed it was in the serverlist.cs

Code:
public static readonly string Address = "null";
change to

Code:
public static readonly string Address = "00.00.00.00";
in the 00 parts change it to your public IP address. Since runuo is down and this script searchs for auto ip detect and with site down doesn't work but after changing that to my ip in serverlist.cs no problems what so ever.

Back