I'm experiencing a weird issue with gems that drop on monsters where they have 0 amount. So if you try to sell them to an NPC vendor, the vendor sees them in your pouch but states you have 0 quantity. If I [props the gems, the amount is 0 and no matter how many you collect and try to stack, the amount remains 0.

Gems that spawn in chests or gems [added to the game have an amount value. It seems to be isolated to gems that drop on monsters.

I have a nearly identical copy of the server I host on my desktop that I use for development. All script edits are first made and tested there first before being deployed on the production server. The problem does not exist on the desktop side. I've tried replacing all of the scripts from the desktop to the production side, but the problem remains. So I don't think this is a script issue.

I'm out of ideas - has anyone experienced this before or have any thoughts on what I could try next?

Can you check your BaseCreature.cs and see if it has these lines?

Code:
        public void PackGem()
        {
            PackGem(1);
        }

public void PackGem(int min, int max)
        {
            PackGem(Utility.RandomMinMax(min, max));
        }

public void PackGem(int amount)
        {
            if (amount <= 0)
            {
                return;
            }

Item gem = Loot.RandomGem();

gem.Amount = amount;

PackItem(gem);
        }

If not, or if it's different, let me know.

Yes it's there - and as I mentioned, I replaced all of the scripts on the prod server with those on my desktop server which does not experience this issue, but that had no effect.

You say you replaced all of the scripts on the production server.

Did you replace the Server files and recompile? The problem might be in "Item.cs" which would not show up until you recompile the core.

If you replace all the Server files, and the ServUO.exe file also, then you should be fine.

Sorry for the delayed response - this is the first chance I've had to circle back to this. I tried replacing the entire server folder (deleted old one, added one from desktop) as well as the application. Bear in mind I'm using runuo 2.6 not serveruo. I also tried replacing the items.cfg and objects.xml, just trying to think of anything that could be related. Unfortunately that did not fix the issue. Any other suggestions?

Circling back to this to see if anyone else has any other ideas. I don't think it's related to the scripts because I've replaced them all (overwrite) with scripts that are working fine on my desktop.

Try using the latest ServUO on your Production Side, as a test. This will absolutely confirm it's not an issue in the scripts, if you continue to encounter the same problem.

I don't know. But, if you try running a clean ServUO in your production environment, and still have the same exact problem, then we who do not have access to testing with your version of RunUO 2.6 can be sure that it has zero to do with the problem. If, on the other hand the problem goes away when using ServUO, then we must assume that the combination of Client/Server on your Desktop is different than the Client/Server in your Production Environment, even after copying the files over. One possibility would be that there is an invisible error copying the files. I have seen this happen where I make a change locally, copy the file up with FTP, and test, and it hadn't changed, but I did not realize that the files I was trying to overwrite were copy-protected.

Back