I'm trying to make a simple tamer quest, where a player would go out, tame a dragon and return to an NPC with it. I'm using the GETONNEARBY method to do this. Here is my structure, it seems as if the GETONTRIGMOB,name is not coming back properly or something.

GETONNEARBY,5,*,Dragon,ControlMaster={GETONTRIGMOB,name}

I also tried

GETONNEARBY,10,*,Dragon,controlmaster.serial={GETONTRIGMOB,serial}

These are conditions on an XmlQuestNPC

Any help? @tass23

I'm trying to make a simple tamer quest, where a player would go out, tame a dragon and return to an NPC with it. I'm using the GETONNEARBY method to do this. Here is my structure, it seems as if the GETONTRIGMOB,name is not coming back properly or something.

GETONNEARBY,5,*,Dragon,ControlMaster={GETONTRIGMOB,name}

I also tried

GETONNEARBY,10,*,Dragon,controlmaster.serial={GETONTRIGMOB,serial}

These are conditions on an XmlQuestNPC

Any help? @tass23
Check this thread :)
https://www.servuo.com/threads/xml-quest-with-animal-turnin.4908/#post-31952

Is there a particular reason you're trying to get the ControlMaster's name? If you don't need the actual name, you can just check to see if ControlMaster is Null.

If two people are near the quest giver, couldn't it potentially detect the wrong dragon?
Yes, there is that possibility, but would that really matter? Either dragon would be "tame" by the time they get back to the NPC, correct? If that's an issue and you allow Shrink on your shard, I might suggest using the TAKE keyword on the NPC. Here's my thought on that:

Using TAKE:
Player gets quest and tames a dragon.
Player shrinks dragon and goes back to the NPC.
Player drags the shrunken dragon onto the NPC.
NPC "takes" the dragon and completes the quest or increases the Objective (if they have to turn in 5 dragons, the NPC can increase or decrease for every turn in).

Adding Shrink unfortunately would impact too many other aspects of my shard, I'll check the thread that you've provided to see if I can find an alternative method, I'm curious though, why wouldn't my supplied condition work in the first place?

Adding Shrink unfortunately would impact too many other aspects of my shard, I'll check the thread that you've provided to see if I can find an alternative method, I'm curious though, why wouldn't my supplied condition work in the first place?
Condition have always seemed a bit flaky with Xmlspawner. Sometimes they will work every time, sometimes just once and never again. I had a situation where I needed the NPC to check if a player was poisoned with deadly poison. GetOnTrigMob/Poison=Deadly didn't work. In the end I had to cheat my way around the issue (the NPC could see the player was poisoned at least).

Back