Hello everyone! My name is StilleVande, owner of StilleVande Hosting, and father of two lovely boys. We live in Forney, Texas, which is right outside Dallas.

I am a linux administrator by trade for 20+ years, and my hobby is... you guessed it, hosting dedicated servers. :) I primarily host Neverwinter Nights server for free for their community (have been for close to a decade), but I wanted to host something... something that doesn't have a conflict of interest with the people I host for.

Then it came to me. I had a flash, an epiphany! I'm going to host an Ultima Online shard! I used to love Ultima Online ( I beta tested UO3D WAY back in the day, lol), so I decided to dedicated one of my production machines for a dedicated ServUO machine I named Ascension.

I have 6 production machines in my hosting environment. All of them are Xeon E5-1650 3.5Ghz 12 core machines with 16G of ECC memory, and 4x146G 10K SAS drives set RAID10. running VMWare ESX. This gives me the capability to migrate operating systems on the fly between hosts, so even hardware failure of the host the server is on is not catastrophic. :)

I run all of this at my home. I run a business internet connection at home, with a static IP and current connection speed of 200M down / 20M up. Bandwidth pipe should be fine for a while. but if I need to, I can move up to 1G down / 50M up.

All of this is privately owned, so there is no monthly charge for hosting any of my servers (I need the badass dedicated connection due to the nature of my career), so you will never see any donation links or drives, etc.

My website is https://www.stillevande.com.
You can connect to Ascension at: play.stillevande.com:2593

I'm so glad I found this community!

Onwards!

Last edited:
Back