1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having a problem on shard start up, no idea how to fix it.

Discussion in 'Windows Support' started by Marnek, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Marnek

Marnek New Member

Whenever I start my shard I get this error.
    Code (C#):
    1. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2. ServUO - [http://www.servuo.com] Version 0.5, Build 5268.40121
    3. Publish 54
    4. Core: Optimizing for 4 64-bit processors
    5. RandomImpl: CSPRandom (Software)
    6. Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...Finished with: 0 errors, 0 warnings
    7. Scripts: Skipping VB.NET Scripts...done (use -vb to enable)
    8. Scripts: Verifying...
    9. Finished (4165 items, 1036 mobiles, 9 customs) (1.05 seconds)
    10. Regions: Loading...done
    11. World: Loading...An error was encountered while loading a saved object
    12. - Type: Server.Mobiles.PlayerMobile
    13. - Serial: 0x00000002
    14. Delete the object? (y/n)
    15. Delete all objects of that type? (y/n)
    16. After pressing return an exception will be thrown and the server will terminate.
    18. Error:
    19. System.FormatException: Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero
    20. and less than the size of the argument list.
    21.   at System.Text.StringBuilder.AppendFormat(IFormatProvider provider, String fo
    22. rmat, Object[] args)
    23.   at System.String.Format(IFormatProvider provider, String format, Object[] arg
    24. s)
    25.   at Server.World.Load() in e:\Users\adsf\Documents\servuo\ServUO-master\Server
    26. \World.cs:line 844
    27.   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args) in e:\Users\adsf\Documents\servuo\ServUO-m
    28. aster\Server\Main.cs:line 590
    29. This exception is fatal, press return to exit
    I've been ripping my hair out trying to fix it but I have no idea how, if there's any files I should attach please let me know. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Attached Files:

2. Milva

Admin Moderator

Have you changed playermobile.cs script? With a brand new server you should not have a problem with playermobile.

3. Marnek

Marnek New Member

I haven't edited it at all. Could it be that I'm trying to put saves from another shard file to this one?

4. m309

Admin Moderator ServUO Developer

Yes, that would exactly be it.

5. Marnek

Marnek New Member

Is there any way I would be able to convert my saves to work with ServUO?

6. demented

demented Active Member

To convert your Saves would be a long and tiring process..you better off starting over... but incase you are wondering you would have to have pretty much the same edit and world enviroment that your pulling the saves from. What i mean is..say you have neruns spawner installed and it made changes to the player mobile.. then you would need those same exact changes .. If you do not know all the changes made to the previous shard the saves are coming from... Then again ..your best bet is to start over with new fresh Saves.

7. tass23

I did this for "fun" once....it sucked needless to say. However, the best way to accomplish importing saves is to deconstruct your original playermobile and basecreature files. Compare them to an unedited version, then track down where the edits came from that were made to your old one. Then take the new playermobile and basecreature and reconstruct them once you've tracked down where all the edits came from.

Just an FYI Note: This is why it is so VERY important to leave comments in scripts where you make edits. Even adding a quick #region Stupid Edit #endregion will save you a lot of headaches in the future.

• Two Thumbs Up Two Thumbs Up x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Dian

Dian Active Member

How old and customized the old shard was will really determine how much time would be involved with this too.
    There is no way anyone could give you any idea how difficult or simple it could be, without nearly having both your old shard and new package to compare for themselves.
    It could be your old shard had little to no real mods and just needs your old playermobile characters properties converted prior to loading in the new shard pkg.. we just can not know.. but yes, it can be done :)

9. JEEG84

JEEG84 Member

Maybe your Save of Player Mobile be Different with your actual Server "Playermobile.cs" and you cannnot add Save of other File of Old Server in your Actual Server.

Maybe a Reset of Save can help you