Lokai

Lokai submitted a new resource:

Health System - Drag-n-drop Health System for RP shards

This is a global health system especially for Role-Play shards. I designed it to provide an element of realism. Like most of my scripts, it is completely plug-and-play, so no need to modify PlayerMobile or anything like that. Out of the box, this system will not seem to "do" much, but the idea is to give you a means of creating a realistic feel to the game. Right away, anyone who is not already in the system will be added to the system the first time they log in. Their health will be determined...

Read more about this resource...

What does the "infection" do? or nothing currently? Looks like an awesome system with lots of expandable potential.

Nothing, but it is "there" so any script you write, you can look up someone's Infection status, and base it accordingly. For example, you can create a monster that is aggressive toward people who have a cold. Or, you could make a dungeon with a gate that only lets you pass if you are not infected with a contagious disease. Etc.

I notice that this has not received much attention. Not too surprising, since it's an RP enhancement, not something cool like a PVP tool.

Let me throw out some suggestions for what can be done using this script as a starting-point:

• You can increase bleeding for someone with Anemia.
  • You can cause damage, or increase risk, or create sensitivity to mobiles or statics that someone might be allergic to.
  • You can make it so that someone with Tourette's Syndrome starts spouting off randomly: "N*F%R& D$W@#!"
  • You can create medicines that are necessary for people who are sick, immunizations to provide immunity to disease, antibiotics to fight infections, etc.
  • You can make people lose their hair, have trouble seeing, etc. based on various afflictions.

Already mentioned:

• Tainted food causing ailments.
  • Doors or gates that will not allow, or Mobiles that will not talk to, someone infected with certain things.
  • Creatures more aggressive toward or more responsive toward someone with a particular health issue.

How do you use this script?

Well, the instructions and description page are fairly clear about that. By itself, all you can do is monitor people's "health" using one of the built-in commands. If you want to incorporate those conditions into your scripts, there are many different ways to "do" that, and I have given several examples already.

Beyond that, I have not created specific uses. I have included EventSink methods so that you can insert your own code based on various events, such as opening a corpse, eating food, etc. These are already coded to spread disease and such, but before anyone could answer "how" to use this, one must answer "what do you want it to do?"

This looks really nice. I thank you lokai. Ive used so much you have written over the years. I think ill name my newest test shard in your honor sir

Back