Hello!

I played Ultima Online on OSI back when running from PKs was cool and fel / tram weren't a thing, through part of T2A, and stopped sometime around 2002 or 2003. (I hung around the Atlantic Tower in Moonglow if anyone might remember "Justin").

I've poked around in custom shards a couple of times but nothing serious. I gained access to my old OSI account and logged in, and I was overwhelmed with all the changes that have happened. It's still definitely Ultima Online, but... wow.

I'm poking around looking for a custom shard to play on that's got a PvM focus with a high skill cap (not necessarily unlimited) and faster gains. I'm also a .NET developer by trade and am looking for the best ways to contribute to ServUO. I've only downloaded the project and poked around so far, so any guidance is appreciated on that topic.

Anyhow, enough about me, I'm not a bot! :)

I'm poking around looking for a custom shard to play on that's got a PvM focus with a high skill cap (not necessarily unlimited) and faster gains.

I've just started playing again and been on Paradise Found (AKA ParadiseUO) for about a week, and I have to say they might fit what you are looking for pretty nicely. The other option you have is just to browse the Shard List, and read the descriptions, but from what you said you were looking for, I think you would really like them.

Well, sense were advertising shards here lol, Lands of Time is extensively reworking the core. And sometimes there is alot of missing factors in example the TOL Era that are buged and missing content. So if your looking to help the Serv UO Community, id advise working with the Serv UO Devs to help them squash the errors they have on some of the files they resource to shard owners. Also viewing the forms and looking at some of the issues people have been having and adding in your input helps the community as whole.

But Keep in mind, theres a fine line between being a player, vrs being a staff. If you strive to do programming by all means, but if your looking for a place to play uo as a player, id recommend keeping the focus as a player so you dont end up like i have, i havent played uo for years, ive staffed ever sence, its like i lost my "player" status and the feeling of the way a true player would look at things.

But , thats just my opinion, wish you the best on your adventures either for UO itself or Serv UO Development

Back