Hello ServUO community,

My first UO experience was in 1998. It was the greatest gaming experience ever. I unsubscribed after 10 years. Houses full of items collapsed, real life took over, and I moved on.

I have run a few personal servers since then using Sphere and RunUO. There was a time when I played a number of free shards. Even today I play a couple from time to time and I am often impressed with some of the creative things I find regardless of which server is being used.

Having subscribed to the OSI servers again in January I find it exhausting. Pricing up the armor pieces I currently want, or the items/skill required to make my own, comes to over 80 million in time/gold for one character and near 40-45 million each for the other 6. I would rather keep it simple and JUST HAVE FUN.

I am glad to see that this project is being actively worked on so, I got ServUO up and running last-night at a local server location with its own hardware and a public IP. I provided my own hardware and set everything up myself very very easily. Thank you for that. I will work on getting things ready for friends and family, or ServUO community members, to come and play over the next little while.

Let the new adventures begin!
Jay.Thirteen

Back