I'm not new here in the sense of being new to the forums - I've been reading, learning, and lurking for a while. But recently I've come to the point where I have a private server up and running, I've incorporated some existing scripts and even added a few things of my own that I always wanted to see in-game but never did, and so I feel I might have some dialogue to contribute to the community now.

I'm a hack, let me get that out right up front. I have no formal training or education that relates to scripting. After seventeen years of playing in other people's worlds I just decided I wanted my own and I started reading, imitating, and experimenting. I am however about to start college next Spring with the intent (at this point) to work towards a Computer Science degree, so I might get good sometime within the next couple of years.

I can't express my admiration for the work that the ServUO team does and the talent that is obvious even to someone as green as me. It's a pleasure to be in your company and I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.

Back