Hi all,

First of all I’ve managed to run my server with servuo. I’ve managed to work out how to change my shard name and how to generate the world.

I’ve managed to download a skillball script but when I try to test it out [add skillball it asks where and when I click my backpack or a bag in my backpack it places the item On the floor and says I can’t move it even with the [move command it won’t move it to my pack.

I wanted ideally 3 x gm skillballs for new players I’ve tried going into character creation.cs and tried to add it after candle but it doesn’t seem to find it listed?

Do I have to save the skillball.cs file elsewhere? At the minute I’ve created a new folder called custom in scripts because I read that it will be able to find it anywhere dosnt have to be in a specific location.

Am I going wrong somewhere?

I have honestly tried searching forums for advice and when I made my shard a week ago servuo was down for days so i couldn’t really find much information to help.

Apologies if these kind of questions have been answered before! really struggling to understand where I’m going wrong lol!

Also when I say bank near the banker on other shards it opens your bank box but dosnt work on my server.

I’m hoping to spend maybe 6-12 months + to develop my server before I release it publically.

How would I set up a new player dungeon area? How would I set up a gambling area? I want a Texas holdem competition as well lol.

Also how do I change server log in msg?

Thanks for the prompt reply’s! So would this be where I would add the skill balls for a new account? Or would this just be every made character on the account ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 16
Also when I say bank near the banker on other shards it opens your bank box but dosnt work on my server.

I have not heard of this problem. Did you modify any part of banking?

How would I set up a new player dungeon area? How would I set up a gambling area? I want a Texas holdem competition as well lol.

You can travel around the world using [go or by using a travel map script or using a runebook script with prepopulated spots. When you find an area you like, [m tele around until you find a place and just start adding stuff. Set up moongates to travel between the dungeon/wilderness area or whatever and your main town (Haven, Britain, etc.) To get a gambling area, same thing, but you might want an empty building. There are some interesting ones already in the world. I think Skara Brae has a large one.

Also how do I change server log in msg?

This would be using Misc/LoginStats.cs -- There are currently 1 users online, with 2045 objects in the world, etc...
And, Misc/WelcomeTimer.cs -- This is the greeting for new members on first login.

Thanks for the prompt reply’s! So would this be where I would add the skill balls for a new account? Or would this just be every made character on the account ?

To give Skillballs to new characters made, add the item to Misc/CharacterCreation.cs

Yes, the picture you posted shows the correct place to add stuff like Skillballs, etc.

Like that? Can’t find it on the drop down list?
[doublepost=1521284148][/doublepost]Also how can I lock things down in public ? Would I just do set moveable false?
[doublepost=1521285589][/doublepost]Could the NPC banker issue be down to my character for some reason being stuck in criminal status? Tried dying to cure it but it’s not working

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 10
Like that? Can’t find it on the drop down list?

It would have to be named exactly as in the script. Probably SkillBall

Also how can I lock things down in public ? Would I just do set moveable false?

Yes.

Could the NPC banker issue be down to my character for some reason being stuck in criminal status? Tried dying to cure it but it’s not working

Yes. Use [props and target yourself, then find Criminal flag and turn it off. Other things in there might be useful too.

[set criminal false --- should work also.

managed to fix the bank issue thanks

I still can’t seem to find the skillball listed when I’m trying to add it to character creation.cs

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 8
managed to fix the bank issue thanks

I still can’t seem to find the skillball listed when I’m trying to add it to character creation.cs

All that means is that your C# .Net program does not have the script included in it's source. It's probably hidden, especially if you dropped it in the folder but did not "include" it using the ... "Show All Files" option - navigate to the folder, and find the hidden file.

Try to find the script in windows? go to Script folder then use the Search bar

Type Skillball if it doesnt appear try Skillball.cs

or just ball

Back