Well, im back from the dead and looking to fill up that nostalgic part of my brain that holds a special place for UO. Was contacted by an old friend who wanted to start it back up. So my question is this, with the edition of battle ships and all the expansions, do any emulators support the new expansions? Last time i was messing with all of this, Floresence was the up and coming big boy in emulation.. has that changed? which one do you all use and if its ServUO, tell me why its the one for you. Whats the latest client version anybody can support?

Well... this is the community forum for the ServUO emulator :) I like ServUO because I haven't see anything else that supports OSI accurate content as well, even for earlier eras. Currently ServUO supports the latest patched client.

We have not implemented all of the latest content of OSI servers. Mondain's Legacy is complete. Some of Styngian Abyss is implemented. Our current focus is completing the SA content. We do have some features from later expansions, like the new banking system.

thank you for the reply. good deal as far as content! i may have to download to check it all out. Im chasing all that i can get as far as the latest content so i have more to use when i build worlds etc. im pretty much always in charge of designing everything. the more OSI content i have at my disposal, the more fancy i can get ;)

When I say we have content implemented I mean the smarts behind things like quests and dungeon revamps. All of the client assets are there for you to use.

oh so ill have access to all the art and what not? i guess a better question would be if other programs like UOFiddler and CentrED+ has access to them these days..

Back