I'm here to find out what ServUO is. I recently started writing a T2A shard with RunUO 2.5. I have no coding experience so I am learning from the ground up.

Will my RunUO 2.5 scripts be compatible with ServUO? Right now I have no clue what ServUO is, really.

Usually scripts which can go into the custom folder you shouldn't have a problem with :) ServUO is Runuo only with more added -as in SA and ML. And Welcome To ServUO :)
If you need help with a script along the way just post in Script Support.

hullo and welcome!
What you were seen speaking , I take this opportunity : servuo where I can download? there is one xml spawner + siege + Nerun distro 's already done without having to re-download it piece by piece ?

I'm not quite sure why your posts keep going into moderation, hopefully its done. But to download ServUO click on the tab at the very top which says- ServUO Repo
ServUO contains XML Spawner, any other scripts you will need to find in custom releases

I'm here to find out what ServUO is. I recently started writing a T2A shard with RunUO 2.5. I have no coding experience so I am learning from the ground up.

Will my RunUO 2.5 scripts be compatible with ServUO? Right now I have no clue what ServUO is, really.
well this is a loaded question so far i have had sucess with publish 54 and have 90 percent osi content, and i am using fully patched client.
most scripts from runuo will compile however xml, xanthos, imbuing ,gave me some issues but i was able to work thru them i managed to get shrink system on but no xanthos the rest went ok however i kept getting the same error something to do with ispawnable havent figured this one out yet.
i am thinking a code change of sorts i am sure i am just missing something. also might run into issues with the contextmenue stuff but all in all mostly compatable.
if you need some help hit me up and i try to help as much as possible

If you are just asking about dropping RunUO 2.5 built scripts into a ServUO package, Most scripts will be just fine. There are some scripts that use systems imbedded or connected that will not.. for example the Mondains Legacy style quest system is quite different between the two packages, so quest packages would need work. But for the most part, basic scripts are pretty well compatible with either RunUO or ServUO.

If you have a RunUO 2.5 shard that has been fairly well used, and have a saved world you want to migrate to ServUO.. well, that is a whole different beast, and really is not worth the effort. Just too many differences between the way the RunUO and ServUO saves everything.

If you are just asking about dropping RunUO 2.5 built scripts into a ServUO package, Most scripts will be just fine. There are some scripts that use systems imbedded or connected that will not.. for example the Mondains Legacy style quest system is quite different between the two packages, so quest packages would need work. But for the most part, basic scripts are pretty well compatible with either RunUO or ServUO.

If you have a RunUO 2.5 shard that has been fairly well used, and have a saved world you want to migrate to ServUO.. well, that is a whole different beast, and really is not worth the effort. Just too many differences between the way the RunUO and ServUO saves everything.
so where do i sign up for lesson's Dian it seems you are quite talented.:)

do you by chance know what is up with the ispawnable prob?
i keep getting this error with a lot of runuo stuff is there a new definition?

Sorry, wasnt trying to just be some snobbish know-it-all..

Not sure about the iSpawnable right off, would have to look into the code. I pretty well quite looking at the RunUO core from 2.3 on. Surely someone knows the deal on it.

Sorry, wasnt trying to just be some snobbish know-it-all..

Not sure about the iSpawnable right off, would have to look into the code. I pretty well quite looking at the RunUO core from 2.3 on. Surely someone knows the deal on it.
well ty anyway, the only reason i was asking is because i wanted the xanthos evo pets and such to work

no i was actually complimenting you not being a smart ass, i thank you for you input you solved a huge problem for me

Back