No permission to download

Dian

Nov 7, 2013
Shard Name
Ancient Legends
Donate
Donate money to this user
Dian submitted a new resource:

High Seas Fishing Pack - Fish and tournament system for your High Seas booster pack!

This is the High Seas fishing package created and released by RoninGT back in August 2013. I have updated some code to current and added an installation text.

Contains:
  • 74 new fish related to the High Seas booster pack.
  • A new fishing outfit created as a 'Set Item'
  • A tournament system, time based to return XX fish before anyone else
  • Rewards to the Tournament
  • Lobster Trap
  • Many Fish food items
  • Harpoon gun and Harpoons
If you have not...
Read more about this resource...

OPTIONAL fishing.cs file with modified MutateEntry method for better handeling of %chance of fish.
This modified version removes the complicated and difficult to understand way of producing a success chance of catching rare fish. This on uses a straight forward catch chance entry that can be adjusted right in each fish MutateEntry. Should be easy to understand

Edit 9-20-14: I have removed this optional file as it did not calculate all areas of the fishing system.
Edit 90-21-14: The fisherman's suit within the package posted was nothing to do with OSI High Seas fishing system, so I have recreated as close as possible the OSI Fisherman's Suit. It is not 100% being the Imbuing and Bait system's are not yet created, but the code is in the scripts for when they are. This is a Set Item that gives bonus to Bait. The Hue is as close a match as I could find, but if someone discovers the exact hue, please let me know and I will update :)
*NOTE; I added one extra piece not related to OSI, which is the female Bustier piece, so to allow a male/female set.
Enjoy!

Attachments

Last edited:

Dian

Nov 7, 2013
Shard Name
Ancient Legends
Donate
I mainly reposted this because when I found it, I realized it was August last year when it was posted, and RoninGT is not really around these days. The code was a bit older, and the last couple people said it wouldnt work or had massive errors when installing.

I think this is an important enough package to get back in circulation :)

Please do not be shy about posting issues and/or additions to this system. I would imagine if it is complete and working well enough, it could end up in the ServUO distro at some point.

-Dian

Dian

Nov 7, 2013
Shard Name
Ancient Legends
Donate
You bet! I really do not like re posting other people's work, but felt that this was a decent exception :)

dragon slayer2

Aug 29, 2014
Shard Name
Distantland
I see nothing wrong with reposting there work if your updating it and making it work with current servuo.. I give you 10 plus fish for the awesome job :) I will enjoy this I think its great we are all working together because that is what its about :) I will post my bugs if I find any hehe

Reactions: Dian

Dian

Nov 7, 2013
Shard Name
Ancient Legends
Donate
Looking over the fishing.cs for MutateEntry[] and am wondering how Ronin came up with the MaxSkill entry. The reqSkill and minSkill almost seem to be off too, or do not seem to be correct. I am going to go to UOGuide after this post and check for infos on those, but the maxSkill is set to 4080.0 on almost all of the entries. Where did that number come from??

Also, anyone else using this system, please post anything about it that is off or missing :)

RedBeard

May 19, 2013
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida USA
Shard Name
Virtus Imperium
I also played with these numbers and this worked better for me.
If minimum skill 80 maximum skill [doubled] would be 160
at a skill level of 120 in fishing would yield roughly a 70% chance
These aren't rare fish by any means. The 4080 @ 80 skill is a 1 in 51 chance for special loot
and 1 in 34 @ 120 skill which seems fitting for those items being rare (or unlikely).

new MutateEntry( 80.0, 80.0, 4080.0, true, typeof( SpecialFishingNet ) ),
new MutateEntry( 80.0, 80.0, 4080.0, true, typeof( BigFish ) ),
new MutateEntry( 80.0, 80.0, 160.0, true, typeof( Amberjack ), typeof( BlackSeabass ), typeof( BlueGrouper ), typeof( Bluefish ), typeof( Bonefish ),

Last edited:

Dian

Nov 7, 2013
Shard Name
Ancient Legends
Donate
edited, since post above was edited.

Last edited:

RedBeard

May 19, 2013
Shard Name
Virtus Imperium
Yes mathematically the number [4080] doesn't follow the formula. All im saying is the new deep water fish do not use that number. Its 80 minimum skill to get them so the max skill would be 160

Dian

Nov 7, 2013
Shard Name
Ancient Legends
Donate
hm, okay so by what you describe, its more of a calculation for chance rather than a max skill. ?

Dian

Nov 7, 2013
Shard Name
Ancient Legends
Donate
Im testing this stuff, and oddly enough, I set my skills to 500, and ONLY catch a fish, nothing else.

I could use some help trying to straighten out the formula's here guys :)

Dian

Nov 7, 2013
Shard Name
Ancient Legends
Donate
Trying to wrap my head around this.. but wouldn't minSkill and reqSkill pretty much relate to the same thing?

RedBeard

May 19, 2013
Shard Name
Virtus Imperium
Yes the calculation is to add chance here is my section which works well,
Code:
private static MutateEntry[] m_MutateTable = new MutateEntry[]
			{
				new MutateEntry(  80.0,  80.0,  4080.0,  true, typeof( SpecialFishingNet ) ),
				new MutateEntry(  80.0,  80.0,  4080.0,  true, typeof( BigFish ) ),
                new MutateEntry(  80.0,  80.0,  160.0,  true, typeof( Amberjack ), typeof( BlackSeabass ), typeof( BlueGrouper ), typeof( Bluefish ), typeof( Bonefish ), typeof( Bonito ), typeof( CapeCod ), typeof( CaptainSnook ), typeof( Cobia ), typeof( GraySnapper ), typeof( Haddock ), typeof( MahiMahi ), typeof( RedDrum ), typeof( RedGrouper ), typeof( RedSnook ), typeof( Shad ), typeof( Tarpon ), typeof( YellowfinTuna ) ),
				new MutateEntry(  90.0,  80.0,  4080.0,  true, typeof( TreasureMap ) ),
				new MutateEntry( 100.0,  80.0,  4080.0,  true, typeof( MessageInABottle ) ),
				new MutateEntry(  0.0, 125.0, -2375.0, false, typeof( PrizedFish ), typeof( WondrousFish ), typeof( TrulyRareFish ), typeof( PeculiarFish ) ),
				new MutateEntry(  0.0, 105.0,  -420.0, false, typeof( Boots ), typeof( Shoes ), typeof( Sandals ), typeof( ThighBoots ) ),
				new MutateEntry(  0.0, 200.0,  -200.0, false, new Type[1]{ null } )
			};
just showing this as an example of what Ive had success with the new fish, however, I'd like to use this system your working with.
Yes min and req skills appear the same and max is double minimum except...
the 80 in special fish net is skill to get a net and the next 80 in the line means need 80 skill to throw the net
as well as message in bottle need 100 to get a mib but 80 skill to use mib

Last edited:

Dian

Nov 7, 2013
Shard Name
Ancient Legends
Donate
Im using this package I posted, RoninGT wrote last year. All I did to it before posting was update some things to current, like it used DateTime.Now and I changed to DateTime.UtcNow which was about the only big this I did. I had to rename the RedHerring to Redherring and MudPuppy to Mudpuppy because ServUO already had them for a quest, and did not take the time to see how different they would be.

We have a custom map, and is really how I started to get so involved in the definitions and how they work. I have to create a whole new map of areas for our fishing, you see.

Thanks for the feedback, I was assuming it was like you said. But I have several things going on, and hard to concentrate on this completely. :)

Although still trying to understand how he came up with this 4080.0 maxSkill, even being a chance number.. I set my skill to 500, and I actually caught nothing but Fish, no new fish period. so its not adding up..

Dian

Nov 7, 2013
Shard Name
Ancient Legends
Donate
double skillBase = from.Skills[SkillName.Fishing].Base;
double skillValue = from.Skills[SkillName.Fishing].Value;

Can someone explain the differences between the Skill Base and skill Value

*actually, I asked wrong.. can someone explain what the Skill Base is?
(yeah im feeling kinda dumb today..)

Last edited:

Talow

Aug 30, 2014
Shard Name
UORoleplay
Skill value - Skill aguments (from items, buffs, ext)

Dian

Nov 7, 2013
Shard Name
Ancient Legends
Donate
Oh, hell. that makes sense, thank you Talow :)
Raw skill value, really. :)