High Seas Fishing Pack 2014-09-11

No permission to download

Dian

Nov 7, 2013
Shard Name
Ancient Legends
Donate
Donate money to this user
Okay, so I have made some modifications to Fishing.cs to simplify the Catch Chance.
The MutateEntry has been changed, and now uses a Required Skill (minimum skill needed) and a Catch Chance value.

The ending formula takes whatever extra skill over the required minimum and converts it into a small double, and adds it to your MutateEntry double catchChance, so to give a little more chance to catch something with more than min skills..

This is not necessary to use, but it is working good, and allows easier catch chance placement to the script for more control. Id love to have some folks try this out and/or look it over and give some feedback.. If theres a better way, Id love to hear it!

I have left comments where I edited, and have set all the fish entries to a simple 0.5 (50%) chance to start with. Will refine them if you all think it passes :)

*EDIT -updated the included file
Missed one entry, fixed.
Refined the m_catchChance to be more correct, and less chance of getting the more rare Fish.
Updating first post to add this file as optional.

Update:
I have removed this file as it did not complete all areas of fishing calculations.

Last edited:

dragon slayer2

Aug 29, 2014
Shard Name
Distantland
plus if I looked right you shouldn't beable to catch much without bait on your hook hehe way I get the system as setup

Dian

Nov 7, 2013
Shard Name
Ancient Legends
Donate
Right, I thought there was bait already in the package, but seems it still needs to be added

dragon slayer2

Aug 29, 2014
Shard Name
Distantland
I never really checked lol Im justa dumby hehe but guess what I got word of UO next Booster pack is coming out soon Farming One

Dian

Nov 7, 2013
Shard Name
Ancient Legends
Donate
I have updated the first post and the post above with the Fishing.cs with a more accurate success entry for the rare fish. Talshani and I have pent the evening testing this system and seems to be working quite well. I would recommend anyone with a custom map or wanting to add their own assortment of fish entries t use this, as it is much easier to enter in the required skill and success rate of caching them.

Please let me know how it go's and what you think :)

Dian

Nov 7, 2013
Shard Name
Ancient Legends
Donate
So after more testing on my modified Catch Chance, it still is not quite working the way it is meant to. I am getting the calculated numbers to come out correctly, most are within the .05 - .1 range, but the formula from there is if(chance >= Utility.RandomDouble()) and yet, the actual results seem to be more in the range of 25-50% rate on catching..

Id really love it if someone could help look over this and see where I am going wrong :) Either post here, PM me or whatever.

Dian

Nov 7, 2013
Shard Name
Ancient Legends
Donate
I never really checked lol Im justa dumby hehe but guess what I got word of UO next Booster pack is coming out soon Farming One
Thats pretty cool, even though its really somthin I think should have been done yeeeeeears ago.. but hey, more stuff is more stuff :)
Where did you hear this? I think I saw a mention of it on the japan discussion review on some patch notes while installing a new client the other day actually..

RedBeard

May 19, 2013
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida USA
Shard Name
Virtus Imperium
As far as OSI goes this won't work as originally intended.
Code:
// Standard
            new MutateEntry(80.0, 0.05, true, false, false, null, null, typeof(SpecialFishingNet)),
            new MutateEntry(80.0, 0.05, true, false, false, null, null, typeof(BigFish)),
            new MutateEntry(90.0, 0.01, true, false, false, null, null, typeof(TreasureMap)),
            new MutateEntry(100.0, 0.01, true, false, false, null, null, typeof(MessageInABottle)),
            new MutateEntry(0.0, 0.5, false, false, false, null, null, typeof(PrizedFish), typeof(WondrousFish), typeof(TrulyRareFish), typeof(PeculiarFish)),
            // Footware
            new MutateEntry(0.0, 0.05, fal
below is correct in that at 100 skill in fishing you are able to find Messages in a bottle by fishing but at 80 skill you can actually use them (buy them from someone and use them)

Code:
private static readonly MutateEntry[] m_MutateTable = new MutateEntry[]
        {
            new MutateEntry(80.0, 80.0, 4080.0, true, typeof(SpecialFishingNet)),
            new MutateEntry(80.0, 80.0, 4080.0, true, typeof(BigFish)),
            new MutateEntry(90.0, 80.0, 4080.0, true, typeof(TreasureMap)),
            new MutateEntry(100.0, 80.0, 4080.0, true, typeof(MessageInABottle)),
            new MutateEntry(0.0, 125.0, -2375.0, false, typeof(PrizedFish), typeof(WondrousFish), typeof(TrulyRareFish), typeof(PeculiarFish)),
            new MutateEntry(0.0, 105.0, -420.0, false, typeof(Boots), typeof(Shoes), typeof(Sandals), typeof(ThighBoots)),
            new MutateEntry(0.0, 200.0, -200.0, false, new Type[1] { null })
        };
If you look in the MessageInABottle.cs you'll see the code there just determines the level of the MiB(and chance to be ancient) as well as which maps allow them. In the fishing.cs the chance and skill requirements to get them and use them are scripted; same goes for special fish nets.
So when you hit 80 fishing (according to the code directly above)which is a long boring skill to raise, at least you can use MIB's you bought off a vendor. Otherwise the market to sell MIB's may never reach its potential, this is the point of the booster pack to make fishing a more in depth and profitable skill, as you'll see here http://www.uoguide.com/Fishing
Same with Fishing nets the First numeral '80' suggests what skill to get one using the fishing skill the second numeral '80' states the skill level to actually use the net

It seems that OSI has made adjustments to some skill levels as seen here.
Now it seems the MIB portion should look like this
Code:
new MutateEntry(100.0, 65.0, 4080.0, true, typeof(MessageInABottle)),
100 to get 65 to use according to uoguide.com

Tmaps [lvl 1-2] dropped to 75 skill (used to be 90) the regular new fish are 50 skill and so on...

I haven't tried your script, but I'd be curious if anyone tries to use a net or MIB what would happen? There is no skill requirement, anyone can use it, or ....hmmmm.

Last edited:

Dian

Nov 7, 2013
Shard Name
Ancient Legends
Donate
@RedBeard thanks, that is starting to make sense, at least the first two numbers. I am still at a loss as to where or how the numbers 4080.0 are figured, where some are even entered as a -200.
That is what I am more lost with, and is important for me because I will be needing to create a new list of entries for our custom map areas, as well as creating some new fish that will be only found on the custom map.

Maybe I am just too thick headed.. but that is why I came up with trying to simplify the chance equation.. but the way you describe, it seems doing it my way could actually break other areas like skill needed to use an item like the net's..

dragon slayer2

Aug 29, 2014
Shard Name
Distantland
i was playing one day in Britain and a player said there making a new booster pack with farming and its going to have new animals for farms ect and I said I seen a post about that on the jap talk he said no this came from a source that is in broadsword.. something about farming plots coming as well to uo I guess like house plots but farmable I think its a great idea every booster pack they release can get people to stay with uo and get people back into it.. we haven't had a booster or even a expansion from uo for couple years now

dragon slayer2

Aug 29, 2014
Shard Name
Distantland
sorry to get off topic ill get back on I been sorta testing your fishing so far I haven't found any bugs but I been so busy killing all the bugs in other scripts and getting Distant Land Online hehe

Dian

Nov 7, 2013
Shard Name
Ancient Legends
Donate
The issue I have still with my modified Fishing.cs I posted, is even when setting the catchChance to 0.01 it seems to still end up being more likt 20-30% chance, or more often caught than 1%

I think its just in the calculation here..
C#:
//Sample Entry
//                 skill value, catchChance, bool, bool, bool, map, region
new MutateEntry(50.0, 0.01, false, true, false, Map.Felucca, "The UnderWorld", typeof(DungeonPike)),

if (skillValue >= entry.m_ReqSkill)
  {
  double bonus = (skillValue - entry.m_ReqSkill) / 1000 ;
  if (bonus > 0.05)
  bonus = 0.05;

double chance = entry.m_CatchChance + bonus;

if (chance >= Utility.RandomDouble())		// <---- This just doesnt seem to work the way I intended
  return entry.m_Types[Utility.Random(entry.m_Types.Length)];

//Console.WriteLine("Fishing chance for {0} is {1}%", from.Name.ToString(), chance.ToString());
  }
It still seems that a fish with 0.01 chance rate gets caught way more often than 1% of the time.

RedBeard

May 19, 2013
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida USA
Shard Name
Virtus Imperium
At what skill is it a 1% chance?
4080 at 120 is 1 in 51 chance 4080 at 50 skill is 1 in 81 chance
by this method if 50 skill the max skill would read 5000 to make it .01 or 1% chance
Mutiply your target integer by 100 for .01 chance.

It seems to me my investigation into the 4080 number led me to believe the number was always based on 120 even though the ability t0 reach 120 in fishing is newer then this formula

I also believe where negative numbers are -2375, -420, -200 [prized fish, boots, and null respectively]
are creating a fallback like in the regular fish section or in mining or lumberjacking a fallback to get something or null.

see my section below:
Code:
res = new HarvestResource[]
				{
					new HarvestResource( 00.0, 00.0, 100.0, 1043297, typeof( Fish )  ),
					new HarvestResource( 00.0, 00.0, 100.0, 1043297, typeof( BluegillSunfish ), typeof( BrookTrout ), typeof( GreenCatfish ), typeof( KokaneeSalmon ), typeof( PikeFish ), typeof( PumpkinSeedSunfish ), typeof( RainbowTrout ), typeof( RedbellyBream ), typeof( SmallmouthBass ), typeof( UncommonShiner ), typeof( Walleye ), typeof( YellowPerch ) )

};

veins = new HarvestVein[]
				{
					new HarvestVein( 80.0, 0.0, res[0], null ),    //100 //(making this 80 means 80% chance normal for it - rest skipped - we want that)
					new HarvestVein( 20.0, 0.5, res[1], res[0] ), //(50% chance for fallback to normal fish)

};
It just does it in a different way for mutation section.. Meaning it did mutate you just didn't get a mib or tmap or else..... you got seaweed lol, I mean shoes... Its also saying its not gonna wait for you to hit 80 skill or higher to start to mutate the vein, there is always a chance for mutation then it checks skill, checks chance, and may fallback

Last edited:
Reactions: tass23 and Dian

Dian

Nov 7, 2013
Shard Name
Ancient Legends
Donate
Does anyone know if the fishing suit included in this package has anything to do with the OSI shards?
I have been searching around with no results.

dragon slayer2

Aug 29, 2014
Shard Name
Distantland
http://uo2.stratics.com/posts/40520 here it is my son hehe

PrizesCategory A : Orc Ship + 2 million gold.
Category B : Animated River Rock + 2 million gold.
Category C : Orc Ship + 2 million gold.
Category D : Ghost Anchor + 2 million gold.
Category E : Orc Ship + 2 million gold.
Category F : Ghost Anchor + 2 million gold.
Category G : Orc Ship + 2 million gold.
Category H : Seahorse Statue + 2 million gold.
Category X : Full fishing Suit.
Category Z : The Commodor’s Bundle (Britanian Ship + Pilot’s Wheel Deed + Two-Tone Paint + Weathered Ship Paint.)
Bonus Prize : King Blackthorn has graciously offered to lock the very biggest catch of the competition in his castle for all to see!

this from uo.stratics.com

dragon slayer2

Aug 29, 2014
Shard Name
Distantland
also fishing bait post to increase your chance of catching one of those rare fish in the seas.. so mate I ask do you want to get sponge bob on this mission hehe

Dian

Nov 7, 2013
Shard Name
Ancient Legends
Donate
Awesome, thanks guys :) For some reason I have the toughest time finding anything on stratics. Just a terrible functioning site.. it use to be terrific..

uhh.. @dragon slayer2 who is sponge bob, and what mission?? lol, Yeah, been pondering about the bait, and if I should get working on it or wait in case someone else has been already. It has a lot of different functions and items to it and I have been buried in a TO DO's list that only ever seems to grow! hah

Dian

Nov 7, 2013
Shard Name
Ancient Legends
Donate
I am probably way behind the rest of you guys, but it just hit me while looking at those fisherman's suit items, and wondering how to find the correct properties and what not.. SearchUO . com! You all must already know of the site, where you can search player vendors on any OSI shard.. while we could care less what prices are, the site shows everything about the item that is listed on the players vendor, name, properties, colors...
Man, Im smart! :p
Oh, and unfortunatly, the one in this pack here is not really even close to the real ones :-/ I will post the OSI set shortly.

SearchUO website for Fisherman's Suit items

dragon slayer2

Aug 29, 2014
Shard Name
Distantland
nice I hope this high seas stuff gets added to servuo its a nice start hehe