High Seas Fishing Pack 2014-09-11

No permission to download

Dian

Nov 7, 2013
Shard Name
Ancient Legends
Donate
Donate money to this user
The fisherman's suit is posted on the first initial post now.

I have recreated as close as possible the OSI Fisherman's Suit. It is not 100% being the Imbuing and Bait system's are not yet created, but the code is in the scripts for when they are. This is a Set Item that gives bonus to Bait. The Hue is as close a match as I could find, but if someone discovers the exact hue, please let me know and I will update :)

*NOTE; I added one extra piece not related to OSI, which is the female Bustier piece, so to allow a male/female set.
Enjoy!

Milva

Admin
Mar 3, 2013
Donate
Awesome! And what's up with osi only adding pieces for the men :)

Dian

Nov 7, 2013
Shard Name
Ancient Legends
Donate
hah I know, right? Thats kinda what I thought, so I made the bustier :)

Well, to be fair, they did make the polka dot bikini!

dragon slayer2

Aug 29, 2014
Shard Name
Distantland
Well you mean ea lol I'm ao glad boardsword has uo now I can see a bright future for uo as they are already fixing shit that eA wouldn't but hey e-mail bonnie armstrong told her there was no fishing suite for woman lol

Dian

Nov 7, 2013
Shard Name
Ancient Legends
Donate
hey e-mail bonnie armstrong told her there was no fishing suite for woman lol
there is with the one I just posted! ;)

Yeah, I just say 'OSI' as a universal term, being everyone knows what it refers to.. We watched some of their last developer meeting video, seemed they had a lot of new stuff and fix's down the pipe for sure :)

thistle

Sep 19, 2014
I mainly reposted this because when I found it, I realized it was August last year when it was posted, and RoninGT is not really around these days. The code was a bit older, and the last couple people said it wouldnt work or had massive errors when installing.

I think this is an important enough package to get back in circulation :)

Please do not be shy about posting issues and/or additions to this system. I would imagine if it is complete and working well enough, it could end up in the ServUO distro at some point.

-Dian
how do you change the speech in the contextmenue?
this is the only thing i cant figure out!
example: from.send.localizedmessage(132430) // your fishingpole bends as you bring a fish from the deep
where do i find where you change this text about the fishing pole.
lines are commented out so they just to show what localized message is.

Dian

Nov 7, 2013
Shard Name
Ancient Legends
Donate
You can either change the from.send.localizedmessage(132430) number to another cliloc entry (found in uofiddler under cliloc tab)
Or, you can change the from.send.localizedmessage(132430) to.. from.sendmessage("EnterYourOwnTextHere");

I wouldnt copy/past that exactly, the exact code method needs proper cap's and obviously you wouldnt want EnterYourOwnTextHere to be your message ;)

thistle

Sep 19, 2014
You can either change the from.send.localizedmessage(132430) number to another cliloc entry (found in uofiddler under cliloc tab)
Or, you can change the from.send.localizedmessage(132430) to.. from.sendmessage("EnterYourOwnTextHere");

I wouldnt copy/past that exactly, the exact code method needs proper cap's and obviously you wouldnt want EnterYourOwnTextHere to be your message ;)
Thank you so much i was trying to figure this out all day . i had a feeling it was generated somewhere other than server files
i saw the context menue and how it said it was supossed to output but just was not sure from where, ty again

zolo8

Oct 13, 2013
Shard Name
idoc
Hello - Anyone converted this for use on Runuo? I am about to have a go but wondered if anyone had done it?

Dian

Nov 7, 2013
Shard Name
Ancient Legends
Donate
Have you attempted to use it on a RunUO server? I would think it would be fine, but if not you can post the issues and we can help get them sorted :)

zolo8

Oct 13, 2013
Shard Name
idoc
Yes I ran in last night - error was related to "Tick" .... or something similair.

I will run it again and post tonight - Using RunUO 2.4. Hope I am not offending anyone by asking for help with RunUO conversions.

Dian

Nov 7, 2013
Shard Name
Ancient Legends
Donate
No, not at all. You can post the actual error that is written on the console if you can. Would help more

zolo8

Oct 13, 2013
Shard Name
idoc
Hi again.

I am not sure how to post in these forums (I am sure this will be wrong).

I didn't seem to have a SetItem.cs (added Fishing) ... tried adding one (Still same error) - Sorry, Tired and having a bad week lol.

upload_2014-10-9_23-22-55.png

Dian

Nov 7, 2013
Shard Name
Ancient Legends
Donate
Ah, yes. You are running RunUO, and there is no SetItem system in there.

I show // REMOVE -Dian in this following example of the Boots script, remove those lines that reference the SetItem and Set Properties. If you want some properties to the items still, you will need to add some the traditional way. You can look at some other items for examples on how resistance props or otherwise are added.

If you need further help, just let me know. I suppose I could throw that set together in a RunUO supported fashion. But not sure how quickly, being I am scattered already with work I am falling behind in.

But remove these lines in each of those item scripts in the Rewards/Fishing Set folder, and you will be okay. Just not the same suit with bonus properties.

C#:
using System;
using Server.Items;

namespace Server.Items
{
   public class FishingBoots : Boots
   {
     public override SetItem SetID{ get{ return SetItem.Fishing; } }  // REMOVE -Dian
     public override int Pieces{ get{ return 6; } }  // REMOVE -Dian

[Constructable]
     public FishingBoots() : base()
     {
       SetHue = 1747;     // REMOVE -Dian (Or make it.. Hue = 1747)
       Weight = 2; 

Attributes.BonusStr = 1;
       Attributes.BonusInt = 1;

SetAttributes.BonusStr = 10;    // REMOVE -Dian  (OR remove the Set and leave the rest)
       SetAttributes.BonusInt = 10;    // REMOVE -Dian
       SetAttributes.DefendChance = 15;         // REMOVE -Dian
       SetPhysicalBonus = 35;  // REMOVE -Dian
       SetFireBonus = 35;  // REMOVE -Dian
       SetColdBonus = 35;  // REMOVE -Dian
       SetPoisonBonus = 35;  // REMOVE -Dian
       SetEnergyBonus = 35;  // REMOVE -Dian
     }

public FishingBoots( Serial serial ) : base( serial )
     {
     }

public override void Serialize( GenericWriter writer )
     {
       base.Serialize( writer );

writer.Write( (int) 0 ); // version
     }

public override void Deserialize(GenericReader reader)
     {
       base.Deserialize( reader );

int version = reader.ReadInt();
     }
   }
}[/code

Dian

Nov 7, 2013
Shard Name
Ancient Legends
Donate
Or you can remove:
public override SetItem SetID{ get{ return SetItem.Fishing; } } // REMOVE -Dian
public override int Pieces{ get{ return 6; } } // REMOVE -Dian

Replace:
SetHue = 1747; with, Hue = 1747;

and I think replace:
SetAttributes.BonusStr = 10; with.. AOSAttributes.BonusStr = 10;
Each property that starts with Setyou will want to do this with.

Do that to each, in each file and you will still have the properties.. just not with the effect of having that full set. Each piece will simply have its own props, period.

Dian

Nov 7, 2013
Shard Name
Ancient Legends
Donate
Another option, look for the Dragon Armor suits. They do this type of effect too, when full suit is worn. Just not the same way this SetItem does, but pretty much teh same results.. You can use those dragon armor suit files as reference to recreating this suit to have the special bonus when full suit is worn.

Hope that helps, best I can do just now!

zolo8

Oct 13, 2013
Shard Name
idoc
Thanks SO much. Amazing help. Will give it a go.

Dian

Nov 7, 2013
Shard Name
Ancient Legends
Donate
That suit has nothing to do with the OSI/EA/Broadsword side of things, just to let you know. But it is a neat suit anyways. The other one I posted in the first post on this thread is actually the fisherman's suit that is ~OSI correct. You would need to remoe the SetItem entries there too though.
Had a busy day so couldnt do more than explain, so let me know how it went, or if you need any more help. I could whip out a set that doesn't have the SetItem entries if you really need.

zolo8

Oct 13, 2013
Shard Name
idoc
Hello - Dian you have been great. Thanks. I will try and see if i can get it working and post here if I do. ;-)

Reactions: Dian