Resource icon

High Seas Fishing Pack 2014-09-11

No permission to download

zolo8

Oct 13, 2013
Shard Name
idoc
Hello. So I commented out the offending code and it seems to work a treat, I have Mondains Legacy armor drops in (Greymist etc) So I will just use the same code that makes them work and get the Fishing set up and running.

Thanks again - Great release, great attitude!

You just need to build a script that moves me from Runuo 2.3 to Servuo!!!!! :)

Dian

Nov 7, 2013
Shard Name
Ancient Legends
Donate
Donate money to this user
Wow, I really wish we could, but unfortunately...

I also converted from RunUO 2.3 awhile back. After ~5-6 days of converting all my shard scripts/code, I began the task of trying to have my world saves load. Well, there are just too many differences in the way everything saves. I spent a good 3+ days at least, maybe a week even to manipulate the serialization to save my save's, but in the end, the more progress I made, the more work it took. I ended up just starting fresh with the world saves. Lucky it was just my wife and I, and Milva who was doing some world building. So it didnt really effect much besides all the things we had accumulated with our player characters.

In the end though, it was worth it. I would do it again for that matter.

You might wait converting though for a couple days at least, because there will be a new alternative coming soon :) Visit our website if you like for a clue.

Hope that doesn't upset anyone.. saying that.. but we are almost there.

Talow

Aug 30, 2014
Shard Name
UORoleplay
Run your server with the debug argument, then repeat crash, post that log for relevant line numbers.

ATruGod

Dec 26, 2014
Going into -debug will not Fix anything, it just puts more information into the crash log.

Talow

Aug 30, 2014
Shard Name
UORoleplay
Yeah, I'd keep checking it out if it crashed out of debug it should crash inside debug.

Neo

May 13, 2014
Shard Name
Six Feet Under
Donate
This is a really great system, however we have noticed a crash issue, When the tourney starts (doesn't matter what scheduled tourney it is), the players all head out and catch the required fish. After the 3rd player turns in his fish all seems ok, If a 4th player comes back and Clicks Talk on the Bassmaster (tourneymaster) the server crashes. We have tested this many different ways all with the same end result. It also seems the bassmaster asks for 20 fish, but takes 20 from 1st player, 40 from 2nd player and 60 from the 3rd, : /, I haven't looked at that part of the problem yet. But here is a crash log in -debug mode.

RunUO Version 0.5, Build 5307.29863
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
.NET Framework: 4.0.30319.34209
Time: 3/11/2016 3:44:35 AM
Mobiles: 13440
Items: 394325
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Server.FSHSR.HSRTournamentSystem.CheckTournament(Mobile from, Mobile fisher, Item dropped) in c:\ServUO-master\Scripts\1custom\Systems\HS Fishing\Tournaments\Tournament.cs:line 216
at Server.Mobiles.TournamentMaster.OnClick() in c:\ServUO-master\Scripts\1custom\Systems\HS Fishing\Mobiles\TournamentMaster.cs:line 54
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.ContextMenuResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc) in c:\ServUO-master\Server\Network\PacketHandlers.cs:line 2064
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.ExtendedCommand(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc) in c:\ServUO-master\Server\Network\PacketHandlers.cs:line 1728
at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns) in c:\ServUO-master\Server\Network\MessagePump.cs:line 303
at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice() in c:\ServUO-master\Server\Network\MessagePump.cs:line 121
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args) in c:\ServUO-master\Server\Main.cs:line 622

Jan 25, 2015
This is a really great system, however we have noticed a crash issue, When the tourney starts (doesn't matter what scheduled tourney it is), the players all head out and catch the required fish. After the 3rd player turns in his fish all seems ok, If a 4th player comes back and Clicks Talk on the Bassmaster (tourneymaster) the server crashes. We have tested this many different ways all with the same end result. It also seems the bassmaster asks for 20 fish, but takes 20 from 1st player, 40 from 2nd player and 60 from the 3rd, : /, I haven't looked at that part of the problem yet. But here is a crash log in -debug mode.

RunUO Version 0.5, Build 5307.29863
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
.NET Framework: 4.0.30319.34209
Time: 3/11/2016 3:44:35 AM
Mobiles: 13440
Items: 394325
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Server.FSHSR.HSRTournamentSystem.CheckTournament(Mobile from, Mobile fisher, Item dropped) in c:\ServUO-master\Scripts\1custom\Systems\HS Fishing\Tournaments\Tournament.cs:line 216
at Server.Mobiles.TournamentMaster.OnClick() in c:\ServUO-master\Scripts\1custom\Systems\HS Fishing\Mobiles\TournamentMaster.cs:line 54
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.ContextMenuResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc) in c:\ServUO-master\Server\Network\PacketHandlers.cs:line 2064
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.ExtendedCommand(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc) in c:\ServUO-master\Server\Network\PacketHandlers.cs:line 1728
at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns) in c:\ServUO-master\Server\Network\MessagePump.cs:line 303
at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice() in c:\ServUO-master\Server\Network\MessagePump.cs:line 121
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args) in c:\ServUO-master\Server\Main.cs:line 622
Did you solve the problem? I've had the same problem as you.

Calcutta

May 25, 2016
Getting this error on a pretty fresh install of ServUO. I simply replaced my default fishing.cs

Errors:
+ Skills/Fishing.cs:
CS1501: Line 434: No overload for method 'Fill' takes 2 arguments
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

grimm92

Gold Donator
Sep 28, 2013
Getting this error on a pretty fresh install of ServUO. I simply replaced my default fishing.cs

Errors:
+ Skills/Fishing.cs:
CS1501: Line 434: No overload for method 'Fill' takes 2 arguments
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.
If anyone else gets this error, to fix it you must open setitem.cs and add fishing in the list under public enum SetItem.

alchimyst

Apr 25, 2016
I replaced my distro fishing.cs with the included one and I'm getting the exact same thing Calcutta is despite adding fishing in the list in setitem.cs. Any ideas? Running ServUO Pub 54 with latest client 7.0.50.0.

*EDIT*

Compared distro fishing.cs to this one and replaced line 434 with the following and it works now:

TreasureMapChest.Fill(chest, from.Luck, Math.Max(1, Math.Min(4, sos.Level)), true);

Attachments

Last edited:

Magitek

Jul 17, 2016
Alright if anyone was interested in the fishing tournament, I rewrote it minus the bugs and added a couple of quality of life features. I guarantee I will never fish long enough in my life to actually win a tournament, but it was there when I was merging high seas content, so I took to it.

Bonus features:
No longer requires restarts to function. You can turn the system off for the current session through any bass master NPC.
Runs once a day by default, remove "|| DateTime.Now.DayOfWeek == DayOfWeek.Tuesday" (or whichever day) to remove the extra days I added lazily.
NPC has a title for easy identification.
Drag and drop your fish or use the talk via context menu to check your rewards. Won't even eat items it doesn't like.
Rebalanced the rewards slightly.
Fixed grammar.
Added some amazing sound effects for the winners.

The bugs and exploits were really too numerous to list - I should have written a new system, it'd have been much quicker.

Fairly rigorously tested, but ought to be tested with a multitude of players before commiting to a live shard.
[doublepost=1468773395][/doublepost]I should mention TournyLength (and the gold reward) should be scaled on fishing difficulty. It took me nearly an hour to get just a single of the special fish at GM fishing! The default length is set to 60 minutes..

Attachments

Reactions: Neo

Tasanar

ServUO Developer
Oct 16, 2014
trueuo.com
Shard Name
Heritage
Donate
This looks really cool!!!! Can't wait to test it out.
[doublepost=1468776898][/doublepost]Might I actually suggest posting this as its own post in Custom Releases so we can all chime in there on testing.

Milva

Admin
Mar 3, 2013
Donate
Agree as then this released update will be much easier to find :)

Magitek

Jul 17, 2016
I can put it in a separate thread, but it still requires this pack for the actual fishing items - not that'd it'd be hard to substitute them; I wasn't keen on supporting it either, but maybe tomorrow I'll throw one up if I remember.