Looking to put my shard on a host. I think it would be cheaper than hosting in my basement on a computer.

Looking for what you use or suggest to these questions:
(feel free to copy and paste to answer questions)
.....Ram - how much?
.....CPU Cores - how many?
.....IP Address - IPVv4 or IPv6?
.....Storage - How many GBs?
.....Bandwidth - How much in GBs or TBs do you use on a monthly basis?
.....Price - How much do you pay right now? How much would you expect to pay?
.....Provider - Who are you with now? Who would you recommend?

.....Final Question - Who here hosts on a computer in their basement? And is it worth it?

this is what i use.... Linux Debian Root Server
.....Ram - 16 GB
.....CPU Cores - 4x 3,3 GHz
.....IP Address - IPVv4 atm
.....Storage - 2 TB

.....Price - 50€
.....Provider - Strato, you might want to look at serverboerse.com

I host a TestServer in my Clothing room, to answer the is it worth it question well it's worth it if you want to build a Shard with more ppl so ppl can change things on that Computer and when its ready to go you can upload it to the Root Server! It's a bad idea to change stuff always directly on the Root Server, you would punish your own shard every time something goes wrong:D

For Ultima Online ONLY you could just use a VServer (i got one with Windows System for 9€) a VServer would be a cheep way to start with atleast when you get over the 15 Players mark and it starts lagging maybe you can just Incrase the Package asap normally (It's what i did).
Vservers arent made to run Ultima Online + Teamspeak + Website + Forum + Wiki + FTP + Email Server alltogether then you get issues on the Timings. For just 1 or 2 things it's np!

Just go Check Serverboerse.com and choose your Language!

Dear MarcelMan

Back