i want a simple global chat for my server. how can i add simple chat function with [c ?

i tried knive chat script but get many errors. (using publish 54 and latest osi patched client)

or maybe i can change access level of broadcast ([b) to everyone :p but how?

If you only want a basic chat: aka only "[c stuff", then you will need to edit:
Scripts/Commands/Handler.cs

place the highlighted codes between the lines there:
Register( "SMsg", AccessLevel.Counselor, new CommandEventHandler( StaffMessage_OnCommand ) );
Register( "SM", AccessLevel.Counselor, new CommandEventHandler( StaffMessage_OnCommand ) );
Register( "S", AccessLevel.Counselor, new CommandEventHandler( StaffMessage_OnCommand ) );

Register( "C", AccessLevel.Player, new CommandEventHandler( ChatMessage_OnCommand ) ); //add this
Register( "Chat", AccessLevel.Player, new CommandEventHandler( ChatMessage_OnCommand ) ); //add this

Register( "BCast", AccessLevel.Seer, new CommandEventHandler( BroadcastMessage_OnCommand ) );
Register( "BC", AccessLevel.Seer, new CommandEventHandler( BroadcastMessage_OnCommand ) );
Register( "B", AccessLevel.Seer, new CommandEventHandler( BroadcastMessage_OnCommand ) );

Then between those two methods:
public static void StaffMessage_OnCommand( CommandEventArgs e )
public static void BroadcastMessage_OnCommand( CommandEventArgs e )

Add this:
Code:
[Usage( "Chat <text>" )]
[Aliases( "C", "Chat" )]
[Description( "Broadcasts a message to the online players." )]
public static void ChatMessage_OnCommand( CommandEventArgs e )
{
	BroadcastMessage( AccessLevel.Player, e.Mobile.SpeechHue, String.Format( "[{0}]: {1}", e.Mobile.Name, e.ArgString ) );
}

Vita-Nex: Core comes with a very basic World Chat module that may be of some use - all you have to do is enable it after installing VNc;

[VNC mod chat enable

thank u so much... iam really impressed :) i will try both and will see what fits best... and thank u for the link, too =)

as i see vita is for run.uo? can i use run.uo rescources for servUO as well? iam confused ;)

ServUO, JustUO and RunUO all use the same common Core (exe) code (give or take a couple of minor differences), so you should be able to use a lot of projects from all sources on any of the three server softwares.
The main difference between the three that makes them incompatible is what content they have in the /Scripts directory.

Vita-Nex: Core was developed to be compatible with all of the softwares, but there may now be one or two inconsistencies with support.

ServUO will have VNc pre-packaged in the near future, when version 3.0.0.0 is ready, for now, 2.2.0.0 is public.

Back