How do I learn how to wright words with letters? I am trying to add the new itemid fish in place of the old Aquarium fish that look dumb lol I just do not know how the letters to numbers part work or rather numbers that read as letters :(

public override int LabelNumber
{
get
{
return 1074592;
}
}// Albino Courtesan Fish

How do I learn how to wright words with letters? I am trying to add the new itemid fish in place of the old Aquarium fish that look dumb lol I just do not know how the letters to numbers part work..

public override int LabelNumber
{
get
{
return 1074592;
}
}// Albino Courtesan Fish

You can use this instead;
C#:
public override string DefaultName { get { return "Hello World"; } }
Thanks a ton :)

Except without a cliloc reference the DefaultName returns only english

The '1074592' reference is a cliloc number that the client has stored in the translation file, and confers a translation according to the client's language, you can edit the values at these numbers with UOFiddler in the cliloc tab and distribute this modified file.

So example, 1074592 is Albino Courtesan Fish in english if the client is set to english,
if the client is set to spanish than the same number would be Pez cortesano albino
if the client is set to chinese than the same number would be 白化鱼

Except without a cliloc reference the DefaultName returns only english

The '1074592' reference is a cliloc number that the client has stored in the translation file, and confers a translation according to the client's language, you can edit the values at these numbers with UOFiddler in the cliloc tab and distribute this modified file.

So example, 1074592 is Albino Courtesan Fish in english if the client is set to english,
if the client is set to spanish than the same number would be Pez cortesano albino
if the client is set to chinese than the same number would be 白化鱼
Is there like a web site that could help me with learning all this stuff? UOFiddler dose not seem to like me at all :(
Is there like a web site that could help me with learning all this stuff? UOFiddler dose not seem to like me at all :(
Ok I got fiddler now I guess I have a lot to learn with this program. Is there something better than their HELP tab to learn a bit about using this?

Last edited:
You don't need to worry about going that far just yet, let's just keep it simple :p

UOFiddler is a good tool for viewing the game's assets and finding id's of things to use in your code, but it's not necessary and very few if any shards really mess with the cliloc (client localization) files anyway.

Editing game files means you have to distribute those edited files to players, and you're probably not going to want to deal with that until you're more familiar with how ServUO and UO work together.

You don't need to worry about going that far just yet, let's just keep it simple :p

UOFiddler is a good tool for viewing the game's assets and finding id's of things to use in your code, but it's not necessary and very few if any shards really mess with the cliloc (client localization) files anyway.

Editing game files means you have to distribute those edited files to players, and you're probably not going to want to deal with that until you're more familiar with how ServUO and UO work together.
I hear you there I mostly do everything with [showart and [gmtool very easy for making deco :)

Back