I'm new to ServUO and while I think I got it up&running pretty good, I am stuck with two particular issues that I cannot progress on:

1. I cannot get out of the starter area in old haven (except using [M Tele command). I would like to play with a 'player' character because it seems the owner account has some weird abilities, like seeing spawner objects and opening inventory of living mobs, but I can't leave the starter area without admin commands. Everything looks messed up and there is no way leading out of the first skeleton zone. There is a tower like building, which also looks screwed up, that has two red moongates stacked on each other, but I can't interact with them in any way.

2. There seem to be no reagent ground spawns whatsoever. I tried the command [xmlload spawns, but that didn't seem to do the trick.

I have downloaded the latest servuo, and I'm using an up-to date enhanced client.

Maybe someone can hint me to some kind of tutorial that continues where the 'getting started' page left off?

If you used [createworld then there would be a moongate west- just past the carpenter building

Are you talking about the regular New Haven moongate?
That one works just fine. I'm talking 1-2 screens from where new characters start from in Old Haven.
It looks like this:

Capture.JPG

I think there used to be a special tutorial quest gump for this area on official servers to get through this very early phase of the game, but it's not there in servuo.

Hmm this doesn't happen any more-new characters enter by the bank in the center there- looks like enhanced client? If so this could be the problem -or your game client patch is very low.

Looks like it doesn't happen with Classic client.
With EC client, all my new characters start in Old Haven near the Bulletin Board.
I have the most recent versions, playing on official shards as well.

I've been wondering, is the enhanced client supported at all by ServUO?

Had the same problem with
ServUO 0.5, Build 6434.18181
with Classic UO Client 7.0.59.4

I commented out line 262 "return args.city;"
Uncommented line 259 "return m_NewHavenInfo;"
in ChracterCreation.cs

Thanks for the hint, but for now I'm just going to start my characters with classic client, or use the Get command with the "owner" admin interface to summon new "player" characters to the New Haven bank, since I'm the only player on my shard (aka Ultima Offline :D)

Back