If you are using git, you can merge the latest branch in your workspace and then resolving the merge conflict afterward.
If you are not using git, i guess you will have to do it by hand.

How did you install the server at first?

Hello and thanks for the reply, I simply downloaded servuo, unzipped on my pc and customized the shard, after I brought everything on my vps and launched the compiler. I have not made huge changes, most are in the "third party" folder, but I made some changes here and for example in mobile player. Since this is something that has been going on for some time and that many people have worked on, I do not remember exactly what has changed in other folders. Is there any way to understand it? The update to the last repo which file does it touch?

I think (not sure 100%) ive modified only some file in this folders:

Confing
Data
Scripts
Save

Can i try to delete this 4 folder in latest repo and replace it with mine?

No change to the core.

Sorry for my bad eng

Do not delete your save folder or you will lose everything in the world.

What I honestly do is keep a notepad.cs in my folder and I document all the changes I make to source code. Then I go back and re-apply the edits by hand.

I personally use DiffMerge. It is a great tool for applying updates to your custom instance. It takes my patch time from an hour or two to minutes in most cases. As always make a complete zip of your server before you start applying changes.

I personally use DiffMerge. It is a great tool for applying updates to your custom instance. It takes my patch time from an hour or two to minutes in most cases. As always make a complete zip of your server before you start applying changes.
What is dif merge and how would it work? I want to upgrade from publish 54 without losing anything.

What is dif merge and how would it work? I want to upgrade from publish 54 without losing anything.
DiffMerge is a tool that compares files and shows you the differences between the two. It is similar to many tools that do the same job including BeyondCompare (this is what I use), KDiff, WinMerge, etc.

I face a similar situation as I did not originally set up my server with Git, and I've been playing around with it again after 3 years and there's been sooo many changes that I would need to merge into my server. I have a lot of custom scripts and changes that aren't all documented as well. You're fortunate if you haven't made a ton of changes. The amount of work I'd have to do to get my server up-to-date would be too great I think.

As for anyone in this situation, I think you have a couple options:

1) Download the latest ServUO build and a free file compare tool such as WinMerge. Use WinMerge to compare your ServUO folder with the latest ServUO folder. WinMerge should allow you to do this and it will spit a read-out of ALL files that are different between the two. It will also allow you to quickly merge any changes from the latest ServUO into your own ServUO. If you've never used a file comparison tool, they're really slick and the basics are easy to pickup. Just make sure when you're merging the changes from the latest ServUO that you don't overwrite any custom changes you've done to your server (sounds obvious but if you've never done this before you may accidentally overwrite something). This will be a manual process. You will pull up a comparison of each file that WinMerge detects is different (one by one) and use it to merge those changes into your server files. The older your server is, the more files will be different. You may find it is more changes than you'd like to spend time on. It depends on how old your server is. I have found that there was a lot of housekeeping done on ServUO since I left, so many files were moved to different folders in the structure (for example, bandage.cs was moved from Scripts\Items\Skill Items\Misc to Scripts\Items\Resource\).

2) Figure out what the gist of your custom changes are. Download the newest ServUO (if you're serious about keeping it up-to-date, set it up with Git so you don't run into this situation again in the future). Apply any of your custom scripts/changes and call it a day. If your server is older, you may find many of the scripts that required custom additions before are actually baked into the newest build already. This is especially true for any bug fixes you may have done in the past.

Back