I am looking to make my shard fully online by using a domain. I haven't bought an online service or got the domain just yet. I am wondering how this is done first. As in, what are the steps of putting the server onto the domain and how it is ran online. If someone could point me to a tutorial on how to do this or maybe if someone has a few minutes to explain how the process of how it works that would be very awesome and appreciated.

I can tell you reach out to Techy with a conversation here. I rent server space for my online shard from him and he is very responsive! just create a new conversation and list Techy to whom you wish to speak and he will get back in touch with you.

I am looking to make my shard fully online by using a domain. I haven't bought an online service or got the domain just yet. I am wondering how this is done first. As in, what are the steps of putting the server onto the domain and how it is ran online. If someone could point me to a tutorial on how to do this or maybe if someone has a few minutes to explain how the process of how it works that would be very awesome and appreciated.

I purchased my domain from GoDaddy. I pointed the DNS servers to my hosting company, A2.

I then used their advanced zone editor to create a "Host A" record for play.domainname.com and gave the record a value of my hosting IP (server IP). You'll need to of course take care of all your internal firewall rules, but it sounds like you already have that all set up.

This was my process.

I can tell you reach out to Techy with a conversation here. I rent server space for my online shard from him and he is very responsive! just create a new conversation and list Techy to whom you wish to speak and he will get back in touch with you.
Cool thank you! I Sent Techy a message and hope he can help me out for what I am looking for.

Back