I played during T2A the UO:R eras. I found later eras to be subpar and moved on to other MMOs.

I'm looking into experimenting with some custom AI RTS-esque warfare and figured a RunUO server (well that is defunct, so ServUO now) would fit the bill.

Basically, I just plan to spawn larger armies and have them march across the world killing everything in their path until one side wins and then start over :p

Well, I would agree with @Djeryv T2A is better. You need at least removed Trammel, all extra facets are just a way to divide players and make the shards empty.

This even applies to the real OSI servers today. their servers It is like a ghost town now.

an emulator server will even be worse. With 100 logins there will be like 50 to 60 real humans if lucky sins most allow 3 accounts and this makes players logged in three times on different toons. Then divide the humans into groups of 10 for each open facet and split up players on these facets in different directions. now you have a single player game sins no one will ever see another player.

That is why I stay hardcore to the T2A era.

Oh and I can see that forum bots have really gone advanced... they are now trying to defending themselves ;)

-Grim

Yeah, I like the state PvP was in in UO:R but not the existence of Trammel. T2A was all about halberd tank mages trying to combo people and it got repetitive for me since there was no strategy to it. Just a question of if your Halberd hit or not.

I wish the free shards weren't dying and building a freeshard had some valuable beyond intellectual curiosity.

Back