I don't know if you have as many icons on your desktop like I do, but I can say I have way to many and I group them towards my needs and can easily click the one I need with my eyes closed because I know where that particular one is. Like grouping emulators with their game clients and so forth. Anyway, how many times has something happened and now all your icons are bunched together making it like trying to find a needle in a haystack because everything is out of order and now your playing wheres Waldo trying to locate the icon you need? One fix would be to roll back and hope its not to far where you have to do lots of updates. The much easier option is to just backup your icon location settings before it happens, and once it does, just one click and everything is back the way you wanted it. Here is a third party program that does just that. If by any chance your icons are already messed up, you can still use this program. Just create a restore point, roll back your system to a date where the icons are ok, save the settings using the program and copy the configuration file to a folder that won't be effected when you restore to present day. Then just run the icon program and restore the icon locations with just one click. This program was also tested for viruses and Trojans and is clean.

Attachments

• DesktopOK_x64.zip
    227.3 KB · Views: 5
Back