We were discussing Wagons that were made in a conversation, and the idea came about by Talshani to make wagons actual drivable vehicles, with horses attached. I am pretty certain it would be doable, using the same mechanics as the new Galleons..

I thought I would throw it out there and see if anyone liked the idea enough to take on the project :)

Its not something that I can put on my priority list, as I am buried with getting everything else worked on for my shard.. but eventually if no one else does, I may very well attempt to play around with it.

I have not looked, but I believe Wagons already exist in the multi files, as they are a part of the roaming gypsy camps I believe, like in Ilshenar.. pic attached of both one from Ilshenar, and one that Talshani made year and years ago, well before Ilshenar existed..

Could be pretty cool!

wagon.jpg wagon2.jpg

Mining carts would be cool too, with container on double click c':
there's so much 4 sided things that could be converted in moving, such as catapults, or balists.
for this reason i would be for the creation of an addon-based basic moving system, so we can create new just by inheriting from the base one.

Multis are great but if we want customization we would need to send patches (am i right or completly off track? xD)

custom multi, yes would need to patch the multi.mul to players.. although, not sure but seend like one could create an addon for this purpose?

should be easy to switch it to a context menu

thing i'm not sure about is how to restrict player animation while "driving" ? so they're still able to move but looks like they're sitting

virtual mount wasn't what i expected it to be.
still looking for an option to freeze a mobile in a single frame of animation

That works, thank you Talow, now I need to figure out how to make it work while moving

here's something that krrios mentions
http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/question-about-animations-and-moving.7491/
Is there any way to stop animation without changing direction? I mean maybe some packet, that orders client to stop animation or something like this.. For example during the fightning suddenly I need to stop swing animation, i tried to do this with fast changing of direction to other and back, i hoped it wouldnot be seen by players, but sometimes it is visible, Are there any other ways to do this?
I believe the only way to do this is to send another animation packet (one with the 'idle' action number).

but i have no exp with packets

never mind, that was easy :-3

but items worn need to have animation changed too
update shows frozen animation on movement

Attachments

• Wagon_Mobile Link Base.cs
    3 KB · Views: 28
Awesome stuff Zero, I have been meaning to respond to this for days now, and somehow keep getting side tracked! Sorry bout that, going to check this out :D

What is still on the ToDo list and what not?? I have been still neck deep in map work, but getting that wrapped up finally!

o_O

lol alright, but no promises on any time right away! I have a lot going on as it is.. thats why I posted the idea here, I thought someone might like it enough to run with it :)

Talshani has built some 20+ different wagons for our shard since posting this, Milva has a few too, so who knows, maybe we can put together a big package soon with this.

Thanks!

hmm, so i checked and it seems that the issue with hair and wearables doesn't happen when you're a gargoyle, only human or elf.
could this be because of something in the script for gargoyles flying??

the issue is that i can stop the body from moving but not hair/wearables

LOL so you saying that your hair just keeps going, flys off your head and floats on down the path?? :D

Might be that the client actually handles the switch between the character standing and sitting depending on what the ItemID is of the Item the character is standing on (or sharing a tile with)?

lol now that would be funny

Might be that the client actually handles the switch between the character standing and sitting depending on what the ItemID is of the Item the character is standing on (or sharing a tile with)?
far as i'm aware it should be the same animation no matter what you're sitting on, except for a mount, but there's an anim for mounted.

also interesting that there's at least three different bodies for human. pretty sure that none of them are elven but i could be wrong

Anyone ever make heads or tails of this. would be happy to review what we got and push to continue the war efforts.

Back