Hi there.

We're an in development server that is looking to launch for alpha at some point this summer. With over two year's time of development in mapping, planning and lore work, we're looking for dedicated team members that want to make a place they can call home in the UO community and that can bring something new to the UO world.

Unfortunately, we have no means of compensation for the server just yet save for a place on the team during development and after launch. This may change in the future should we see a sustaining amount of success.

The tasks that we need filled are as follows:

-Scripters/Coders: Those that are experienced with scripting or coding for UO. This ranges from very heavy code work to even the small xml script projects. Whether we have one or more coders, we need the codes to be able to work together, so coders should also be able to communicate with each other and the team. Some members on the team may have some understanding of mechanics and be able to discern what you mean, but there are others that do not speak coding at all. Communication, teamwork, and a good understanding of scripting or coding and how UO functions are what we're looking for. At the time of writing this, our codes have reached significant advancement. Coders may be responsible for coding some of our most integral systems, and should be trusted to give insight on the limits to coding while also finding solutions to incorporate ideas from other team members. If you're interested, please describe what systems you're hoping to work on and the mechanical features you might need.

-Dungeon Builders: While we may have the option for some world building, we also need someone experienced in mapping with a high standard of work that is capable of working in a team and with other mappers. We will need people that will not be offended to have their work looked over and possibly changed or edited to better fit the lore and that have good building standards. Mappers should be prepared to have a good understanding of the area they're building for, and may even be part of the lore team, though it is not required. Mappers will be expected to be knowledgeable in the use of CentrED. If you're interested, please include some pictures of work you've done before.

-Lore Writers: We are in need of dedicated individuals with elegant and refined writing styles that can read through the lore and write on topics not their own while being able to add their flare to it. Understanding how to write for someone else while adding your own creativity to the piece is essential. Writers should also be able to take criticism on their work and be able to alter their ideas to help fit in with the rest of the lore on the site. There are plenty of locations in the world that require additional lore written that has not yet been developed. If you're interested, please include some pieces of writing you have done.

-World Decorators/Spawners/GM Questers: As it has come closer to launch, we are now in need of a team to go around the map and decorate areas appropriate to the culture, color patterns used, and in a unique and pleasant style that is pleasing to the eyes. Spawners will need to include spawns appropriate for the region, which may vary depending on where they are located. These spawners would include monsters, various flora and fauna, and any special item drops. Knowledge of decorating and spawners is a must. Questers will be required to be familiar with all of the shard's official lore and operate on a 6 month activity period before switching off for a break. Members of the development team considered for questing positions before new blood.

-Human Resources Staffers:
These team members will work on rotational shifts, helping assist with problems and complaints and handle players for three months before rotating off with another HR Staff member to receive a break. HR Staff are required to be polite and have some aptitude for handling people in a professional manner. While some HR Staff may also hold Questing positions, the two positions cannot be held at the same time.

-File Organizers: We are in need of someone very familiar with implementing and integrating new art assets. This includes but is not limited to new gump art, new items, new animations, etc. Strong organizational skills are required. This position is highly necessary right now, especially if you can fulfill this task while working in another lesser in demand position on the team. If you're interested please send an email.

-Artists: We're always on the lookout for new gump art and new item art to add to the repertoire. If you feel that you can better some of the traditional UO art or even create something interesting and unique, then this position could possibly be for you. If you're interested please send some of the work you've done on drawing new art.

[justif]Current Team Members: [/justif]
-Two coders working on the mechanical development of the shard
-One mechanical writeup overseer handling write-ups for code ideas
-Two lore writers working on transferring and adding depth to the lore of the world
-Two mappers building different and beautiful cultural locations
-A general maintenance director that handles the files

While this may seem like a large team already, we are constantly looking for fresh blood and inspiration to add to our team and help us create the best world possible to add and give back to the Ultima Online community.

Although we are not a paid group, we strive to be as professional as possible. In the future, should SoV make it to a point of earning money, it is my hope to return this money to the UO population by paying staff members and developers for the time they have put into the server and to continue to better it. By doing this, perhaps the UO community can grow a bit stronger.

If you are interested in one of these positions, would just like to lend your support to SoV and what we are trying to accomplish, or are interested in seeing some of the progress made on mapping, you can send an email to [email protected]

Below are some of the pictures of our progress on the map.

Thank you for your time,
Col [SoV Admin]

apbs.twimg.com_media_CzNs73kUUAA5cqj.jpg
[A savannah/prairie location south of the desert capital.]

apbs.twimg.com_media_CtAsW3vUEAAqvZq.jpg
[A ratty old inn just outside of the main capital, located outside of the marsh swamps.]

apbs.twimg.com_media_CsWJ5yRUIAA5QU0.jpg
[A section of the southern desert capital city.]

apbs.twimg.com_media_CsHAfpHVMAAY6ik.jpg
[A section of a small barony in the capital.]

ai.imgur.com_VWz0RR0.jpg
[A section of the crypt in the capital.]

ai.imgur.com_qTOTOSA.jpg
[The newly developed style for the northern city.]

ai.imgur.com_yQjC7xt.jpg
[One of our harder to find secret locations.]

ai.imgur.com_1t6DeFL.jpg
[A re-styling that was done for a fort set on the river.]

ai.imgur.com_WDZ76lq.jpg
[A summer palace in the desert.]

Last edited:
Thank you for the well wishes, Norman! As of now, we have someone taking a look at the scripts and possible getting us launch ready. That will take a bit of time, of course and there's always room for additional scripters if anyone is interested.

I just wanted to drop by to say that this project is still underway and we are still looking for scripters, mappers and decorators plus possible staffers. If you want to send in an application or ask questions about the project, just pm me for the email.

Best,
Epifocol

Thank you for posting here and letting me know. I've double checked the email and it looks like your email got a bit overlooked.

I'm really sorry about that. I'll be getting in touch with you asap. =]

We are still on the lookout for all of these roles. In the future, closer towards launch, we will be looking for people interested specifically in questing/lore positions and in player concern/counseling positions.

This has been updated with a handful of new pictures of the progress on the server! We're still looking for development staff members to those interested.

As a heads up, we're still on the lookout for more hands on deck and this project is still underway. A great deal of progress has been made in the way of coding and we'll be expecting to launch in alpha sometime in the summer or fall. We'll be on the lookout for testers during that time to provide valuable feedback for us in terms of the facets of the game, such as the map and the mechanics.

This has been updated. Since we've made so much progress with coding, we are now looking at the potential for launching in alpha this summer. We are currently on the lookout with a high demand for Questing and HR staff. Please send an email or contact me if you're interested.

A big thank you to everyone from the community for being so supportive of the SoV team!

Hello, everyone! Just checking in with an update to let everyone know that this project is still underway and making progress!

We're currently on the lookout, especially, for talented mappers. If you are interested in mapping and think you might be a fit for the SoV team, please send word to our email as soon as possible.

A huge thank you to those that have shown their support to us so far!

-Best regards to the UO Community

Hello, everyone!

It's been a busy year and I'm thrilled to announce that SoV will be launching very soon.

We are currently in the process of decorating and spawning the main location as well as fine tuning the website. As we are going to be in beta there should be understanding that there will be bugs and some rough edges.

More of the map will open up in time, but until then we will be looking forward to seeing you guys join us in the main city of Meridian.

Best of luck to all of the UO community on all of the amazing projects here and a huge thanks for all of the support and help we've received on our journey.

Hi i want colaborate i'm spanish guy 24 age i start uo 8-9 age i have little exp in scripts (can move little in scripts) i know decorate using pandorabox, i staff in UOLegends,Battlegrounds,Tierras-Baldias and much more

Back