I just wanted to give Voxpire a shoutout for developing VITANEX which is an excellent system.

I built up this in game gump editing system as an in-game wiki for our shard about 4 months ago. It uses VITANEX's super gump framework.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This system lets you edit gumps just like GumpStudio, but in game. It saves off gumps in XML format. It has all the normal GUMP elements and a couple custom build ones. For example, Hyperlinks are implemented using backer buttons - they look like HTML links and let you click them to switch to other custom gumps made with the system. I'd like to adapt it for quests eventually.

Currently we use it for our rule page and it is part of our overall news and archive GUMP.

I have a question on this.

Once you have created a custom gump with this and have buttons and stuff on it how do you get those buttons to do stuff?

Example say I have created a Gump of pet commands and "Stable" is one of the buttons how do I fix it so when you click on the "Stable" Button the character in game says "Stable"?
Can this all be done in game in this same menu system or do I have to find a file somewhere and edit it thats created somewhere?

The system was never really designed to do actions in game. It's purely an in game information system. It's meant to convey information to your players. A good use for it is to have an in-game gump that displays your shard's rules, or provide a compendium of monsters, or a tutorial. All the buttons are able to do at this time is open up other gumps in the same system.

The system is expandable but you would have to use one of the existing controls as an example to implement your custom functionality.

I released this quite a while ago: http://servuo.com/archive/uo-compendium.253/

Full source included. Adding additional components isn't hard, but it does require you to follow an existing one. When you look at the code you'll see that they self register, which means you can add additional ones without changing existing code.

Would love to see more features added to this and it become even more powerful its really super easy to use now and makes some great things would like to see if it can be modded to allow commands and stuff vs just information would help so many people out then

Back