1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not A Bug InfectiousStrike.cs NullReference exception :(

Discussion in 'Archived Bug Reports' started by Roman G., Dec 6, 2013.

1. Roman G.

Roman G. New Member

Heeeeey there!
    I'm using ServUO in my server and I've never had a Crash.
    This is the first one.

The crash says the following:

RunUO Version 0.5, Build 5082.29106
    Operating System: Unix 3.2.0.4
    .NET Framework: 4.0.30319.17020
    Time: 12/7/2013 2:41:03 AM
    Mobiles: 44054
    Items: 228945
    Exception:
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    at Server.Items.InfectiousStrike.OnHit (Server.Mobile attacker, Server.Mobile defender, Int32 damage) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Server.Items.BaseWeapon.OnHit (Server.Mobile attacker, Server.Mobile defender, Double damageBonus) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Server.Items.BaseSword.OnHit (Server.Mobile attacker, Server.Mobile defender, Double damageBonus) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Server.Items.BaseWeapon.OnSwing (Server.Mobile attacker, Server.Mobile defender, Double damageBonus) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Server.Items.BaseWeapon.OnSwing (Server.Mobile attacker, Server.Mobile defender) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Server.Mobile+CombatTimer.OnTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Server.Timer.Slice () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Server.Core.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I found that Method (OnHit) in InfectiousStrike.cs like the log of the crash says (Server.Items.InfectiousStrike)

How can I fix it? Also I don't know why it happened.

2. Toriad

Toriad Shard Owner

Can you give ANY more information? What were you doing when this crash happened? Did any player report that they were doing something when it happened? I'm having issues reproducing.

3. Redmoon

Redmoon Active Member

?Guessing here?:
    Have you removed a script? Changed a name of an object that was spawned and saved?

This error is ~usually~ due to something that was IG, saved, and then either removed or has had a name changed in the scripts.