Is it normal that the timer seems to start with the server, so for example the SoB, before I go into it the timer has already counted down from the amount of time the server has been up. I only know this because on my test server if I restart and immediately go into the portal it shows roughly the 4 hour timer, but if I start the server and wait some time then go in the timer has decreased by the amount of time the server has been up for. I thought that the timer started when the player enters the dungeon?

Secondly and in line with that, is it possible to show the amount of time left for the dungeon when entering it if it's been initiated rather than just having it show the 4 hours.

1677635187476.png

The timer for a dungeon starts when the dungeon is first created upon entering, then it will tick down regardless of players being inside.
The time remaining should be displayed on the gate and via reminder messages when inside the dungeon.

Hmm mine appears to start with the server, not when the player enters the dungeon. Could it be that the dungeon instance is already generated and it's just loading when I start my server? The reminder messages in the dungeon do work, but I was thinking if you leave and come back in to have it show you the updated time on the gump before you re-enter though when you re-enter it does show you the message as well. I haven't seen the gate change yet but I haven't let it sit for an hour to see if it goes to 3hr from 4hr as the gate only shows hrs.

If the dungeon was already created and saved, then loading the world will start the timer, yes.

Got it, looks like there was an instance that was loading. Now onto the gump haha, is there a way to show the time remaining if the instance is active on it?

It can be done, but not without significantly modifying the dungeon entry process.
I'll see if I can update it to do this soon, it would make more sense to behave that way :)

Back