1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Introducing Micro Communities

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Insanity, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Insanity

Insanity Active Member

Seeing as how I created this site to serve as a new home for members of the UO community, and not just as a home for ServUO the emulator. I've decided to make things a bit more accommodating here for members of the community.

But what am I talking about, you ask? Members of the ServUO site now have the ability to create their own micro communities (forums) here on the ServUO forum. Currently there are two areas setup that allow you to create your own micro community. Which are Shards and Developer Communities.

What this means, is that people who have joined one of the two joinable usergroups (Developer and/or Shard Owner) they can create their own micro community within one of the categories. Again you ask...what am I talking about?

If you create a new micro community in a category. You have full access in that category. You can delete threads/posts, approve/unapprove posts, allow users to join your community, kick them out, give users moderator access in your micro community, customize your community with your own image, and so much more.

This is so shards and various developers can have a home to call their own. Not everyone can afford to pay for a forum/site. Not everyone has the time to dedicated to setup what they need. Or perhaps you just want a 2nd home for your shard/projects for more exposure to the community.

Joining one of the two user groups is easy, you can do so by the drop down box from your account, or in your account settings. You will need to be approved in order to finish joining one of the usergroups. Once approved, you can go into either category and start making your own micro community!

If you have any further questions about micro communities, you can either ask me in this thread or message me here on the forums. Hope to see some nice communities start sprouting up here soon.

2. Milva

Admin Moderator

@Insanity
    This is such a great idea! You have taken a "forum" beyond
    the norm and allowing others a place to really create their own micro community. There are very few if "any" forums who would even think of this or allow it I'm sure :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Victor

Victor Shard Owner

Thats pretty epic. Amazing idea.

• Agree Agree x 1