So I'm trying to create an 'alley' way in a city, the buildings are rather tall and unless you use circle of transparency your are kind of SOL for seeing around your toon. I created a floor tile and set visible to false and raised its Z to be just above a players head. This does not affect the player and give the impression they are under a tile and can see inside buildings on the first floor. If the tile is made visible again it works as intended.

I'm wondering if anyone is aware of any statics that can be set invisible and still treat the toon like its under a item to reveal the first floor of buildings.

I have checked uofiddler and have not had any success is finding a tile to act like this.

They're not treated the same, but floor tiles covering your head still cause at least some things above you to become transparent. For example, you can't see through non-statics with circle of transparency.

I'm not 100 % sure, are items that are visible false even sent to accesslevel.player 's client?

thats where I'm struggling at. I thought that whole process was server side and handled by the server and the client didn't receive packets regarding what should be visible. I know they have the flag for invisible or transparent that the client does handle. I will give InvisibleTile a try and see if that provides the desired results.

If it can't be done due to limitations thats not a terrible thing, it just would be nice to give a better view to players around tall buildings. :)
[doublepost=1499108992][/doublepost]@Dexter_Lexia you are a life saver! InvisibleTile worked exactly as I hoped! Thank you kindly.

Another way to do this is to use an itemID that has a graphic so you can see it in your mapping program and then edit the graphic to be a clear transparent bmp that you give to your players, setting the appropriate flags in tiledata.

Back