IP address changes
Is it normal for my IP address to change?
I can run servuo on my laptop top and everything runs great. However Know one can connect to my shard.
As I check port 2593 with the open port check tool, I noticed my IP address has changed. Three times in one day.
Each time i need to change port forwarding and my son needs to change razor so he can try to find me.

I second Milva's use of noip. I use it myslef and I have a static IP on top of that. It is much easier for players to remember a name instead of a bunch of numbers, even if the address never changes.

It kind of sounds as if you say your local network ip is always changing, port forwarding shouldnt change if not. If your ip changes then go to your network adapter and set it to an static ip in that subnet, then your server / pc will always get the same local ip assigned by the router.

"Pyro"
ok I was right there with you untill you said ;

"Now select the radio button Use the following IP address and enter in the correct IP, Subnet mask, and Default gateway that corresponds with your network setup. Then enter your Preferred and Alternate DNS server addresses. Here we’re on a home network and using a simple Class C network configuration and Google DNS.

Check Validate settings upon exit so Windows can find any problems with the addresses you entered. When you’re finished click OK."

I have a noip address. prity cool. knightstemplar.hopto.org

It has a real dexer ring to it, dont you think?

Last edited:
Well there are 2 ways, the one I described and the other is to set one pc to a set IP in your router (depends on the router there ;) )

For the other way:
awww.ezlan.net_Win7_status_nic.jpg
If you rightclick the Adapter and select Status, the right window will open. From there you click on Details and the left window opens.

In the left window you will see your current local IP and all that info, now open op the Properties (right window or double click the adapter) and select the IP-4 and edit it. Set it to manual and add in the details from the left window.

Oh and since I am not having an english windows, it is kind of not all to easy to explain unless I use those pictures :p

Your dns will probably be just 192.168.1.1, you do not need an alternative one. And it looks like you tried to use the same on both fields

yes, that is the number I used. :) and if I left the Alternate blank I get the warning. I have tried many different numbers, with the same warning.

Then just click yes, if it does not work you can always set it back to automatic. At least I do not see any issue with that

I get that warning all the time when trying to set static IPs on just about anything Windows related. I think it is more or less just a 'hey, so you know...' type of warning and not an actual warning that you need to worry about.

Back