so i have been modifying scripts from this forum and using them but for emulators and clients and 3rd party software is the
general licensing effective? i kind of understand they are not, can i modify the client ,emulator and 3rd party software and redistribute it for the use of
my server when it goes public?
do i need a license and why would i need a license?
scripting as a hobby is fun but learning code is a hole entity in itself, licensing is another story i know nothing about.
any knowledgable input would be much obliged.

servuo57

Nearly everything we do here isn't technically legal. Emulating the server is against their terms. Modifying and distributing the client is against their terms. Programs that remove the encryption from the client is against their terms. It has been going on for 20+ years now and they don't seem to care so it has been an open secret.

People running their own version of an antique game don't seem to bother them so we keep on doing it.

Honestly I am surprised EA allows this at all... but they always seem to ignore it. I just code for fun, and my shard is just for me. But hopefully some of my scripts are out there ha ha.

Back