Resource icon

LobsterTrap 2015-05-17

No permission to download

Unleashed

May 17, 2015
Unleashed submitted a new resource:

LobsterTrap - LobsterTrap

This not 100% OSI but its kinda what they did just needs some big improvement. I haven't had time to do it. but any one that wants to help I wouldn't mind,

You double click trap click water and will place a bouy that will be on a timer once it starts bobbing back and forth after 5 seconds of bobbing the bouy will self delete to keep players from spreading items.

But if double clicked doing that 5 seconds it will put a full trap in your pack.
double click trap to get random amount of fish or...
Read more about this resource...

Tukaram

Jan 4, 2015
I found a 'fishing net' script someone made and wanted to make it give more than one fish at a time. After all, a fishing pole catches one fish - a net gets more. I could not figure out how to get the net to override the harvest system... this looks like the ticket! I may just use this as is, or maybe edit it to look like a net... I am working right now to make the full trap give more than one type of fish, depending on the case. (using list of fish in the High Seas fishing list)

One thing I noticed while playing with it though, it is called a 'lobster trap' but seems to only catch fish. Are there lobsters? Not that is matters... just wondering :)

Great script!

Tukaram

Jan 4, 2015
Hey Unleashed,
I took some serious liberties with your script. I changed it to a fishing net, and gave it 20 cases of possible loot drops. It will drop multiple types of fish per throw, as well as some special items (mostly fish from the High Seas pack). Would you mind if I released it? I would certainly give you credit for the original script, all I did was edit this great system.

I may plagiarize scripts - but I like to give credit when I can ha ha :cool:

Reactions: m309

grimm92

Gold Donator
Sep 28, 2013
Tried to add this to a vendor to sell, any idea on how to do this? When I do (EmptyLobsterTrap) (LobsterTrap) or (BaseLobsterTrap) it says the namespace cannot be found.

Milva

Admin
Mar 3, 2013
Donate
Donate money to this user
Did you open the script and use the exact name used for the lobster trap? If so post your vendor script which you added this to

Milva

Admin
Mar 3, 2013
Donate
Donate money to this user
Is this the script from above which was release? if so there is an error showing in it for--- base

grimm92

Gold Donator
Sep 28, 2013
Yes I tried adding the lobster trap downloaded from here, but i cant get it to not run an error.

grimm92

Gold Donator
Sep 28, 2013
It worked thank you! I dont like just doing I also like learning so how did this solve the issue?

Shazzy

Mar 6, 2015
Wisconsin
shazzysuoshard.proboards.com
Shard Name
Shazzy's Shard
It worked thank you! I dont like just doing I also like learning so how did this solve the issue?
Code:
using System;
using System.Collections;
using Server.Network;
using Server.Mobiles;
using Server.Items;
using Server.Gumps;
using Server.Targeting;

namespace Server.Items.Crops <-----------#######
{
public class EmptyLobsterTrap : BaseLobsterTrap
{
public override bool CanSetTrap { get { return true; } }

[Constructable]
public EmptyLobsterTrap() : this( 1 ) { }
That tells you what you need to add to the USING part :] The base lobster traps use Crops.
so you add:

using Server.Items.Crops;