kgilmore submitted a new resource:

Lockpickable/Trappable doors - Doors players can lock, picklock and trap

I wish to thank Enroq for putting reposting this on RunUo . I am sorry say though that it is incomplete. I have modified it to work on ServUO so that it is mostly drag and drop. There are some distro files that I modified, if you haven't modified yours you can just over write yours with these. I have made this resource so that all doors (dungeon and custom alike) are lockable and trappable. The custom house can no longer have security lvl set, though at the moment that don't matter unless the...

Read more about this resource...

This is the kind of resource I just love to see. It's crazy that you can't lock doors or set traps anywhere. I might have gone a slightly different route, however. Perhaps create one or more new base classes derived from BaseDoor called BaseLockableDoor and/or BaseTrappableDoor and/or BaseLockTrapDoor. Then create a new set of Doors based on those new base classes, keeping the old ones intact. This would also mean the BaseHouseDoor would not automatically inherit those properties, which I think is desirable.

Another reason I would go this different route is that I would want Admins to have more flexibility on where and how doors can be locked and/or trapped. It would be nice if players would have to hunt around to find a suitable place to practice their arts rather than just being able to do it anywhere, which could cause havoc with other players or vendors.

Thank you for your advice and kind words. I have a question though, doesn't this give the Admin more flexibility on where and how doors can be locked and trapped since it takes tools to add the locks and traps and also there are a verity of traps included in the package. Also since the Level of the Locks and traps are based off the tinkering skill of the person who placed them, would encourage players who own their home to either advance they're tinkering skill as high as possible or hire someone one. Also remember this is by design a system for players who like to run pvp thieves and some but may not be into the combat side of pvp, so it gives them a chance to have some fun. I understand that the crime rate will go up using this system, but there should be shards out there who offer a bit more realism.

Back