Lokai

Hello team!

As most of you know, I have been at this for a long time as a hobbyist and enthusiast. In the past, I have been able to devote my free-time energy to dreaming up and developing unique and challenging systems. Right now I am working on something that I am hoping might be able to earn me a few bucks on the side, because (partly due to Covid, and possibly partly due to unreported age discrimination or political discrimination - not sure) I was downsized (along with only 2 others at my last job.)

So, here is the heart of the matter. I have been working IT for longer than I would care to say. I have experience with Help Desk, Customer Support, PHP Website design, MySQL, Telephony, Switches, Networks and Systems Administration, Amazon Web Services, Active Directory, Google Administration. I have a Masters Degree from Devry University. And of course 15+ years of C# as a hobby. If anyone knows anyone who knows anyone who is hiring - please PM me. I have been searching for over 6 months, and the interviews are getting fewer and farther between, and NOBODY is really hiring - they just SAY they are. Oh yeah, and there's those things called "bills" piling up - oh and Unemployment runs out in like a month or two. (Ugh)

So, yeah, there it is. I need help from the community that has been like a family to me over the years.

I am currently in Western New York state, but am willing to relocate for the right position. You have a nice Sys Admin job in South Carolina? I am your guy. You have a C# Programmer job in Texas? Great! You want me to run a Help Desk in Scotland or Greenland? Where do I sign? I am desperate and motivated, people.

PM me. Thanks!

Timothy Bowman (aka. Lokai)

These things are hard to hear/read about. I hope you are able to find something suitable soon.

and possibly partly due to unreported age discrimination or political discrimination - not sure

If it cant be proven, might want to forget this. Even if you say nothing, that resentment is something other people, including interviewers can pick up on easily, body language, tone etc. It can also negatively impact you personally.

Last edited:
Hello team!

As most of you know, I have been at this for a long time as a hobbyist and enthusiast. In the past, I have been able to devote my free-time energy to dreaming up and developing unique and challenging systems. Right now I am working on something that I am hoping might be able to earn me a few bucks on the side, because (partly due to Covid, and possibly partly due to unreported age discrimination or political discrimination - not sure) I was downsized (along with only 2 others at my last job.)

So, here is the heart of the matter. I have been working IT for longer than I would care to say. I have experience with Help Desk, Customer Support, PHP Website design, MySQL, Telephony, Switches, Networks and Systems Administration, Amazon Web Services, Active Directory, Google Administration. I have a Masters Degree from Devry University. And of course 15+ years of C# as a hobby. If anyone knows anyone who knows anyone who is hiring - please PM me. I have been searching for over 6 months, and the interviews are getting fewer and farther between, and NOBODY is really hiring - they just SAY they are. Oh yeah, and there's those things called "bills" piling up - oh and Unemployment runs out in like a month or two. (Ugh)

So, yeah, there it is. I need help from the community that has been like a family to me over the years.

I am currently in Western New York state, but am willing to relocate for the right position. You have a nice Sys Admin job in South Carolina? I am your guy. You have a C# Programmer job in Texas? Great! You want me to run a Help Desk in Scotland or Greenland? Where do I sign? I am desperate and motivated, people.

PM me. Thanks!

Timothy Bowman (aka. Lokai)
Nothing myself but if anyone here deserves an IT job you're it. Start applying everywhere and anywhere... try out of the way places like the caribbean you never know

***** UPDATE *****

For those that are interested, I was able to get a contract position at a prominent medical university in my area. It is a great step up from unemployment. I will still be keeping a look out for a permanent position, but this job might convert to permanent in the future, and it is a very good job in the meantime. Thank you to those that helped me out with small jobs, words of encouragement, etc. It is greatly appreciated!

***** UPDATE *****

For those that are interested, I was able to get a contract position at a prominent medical university in my area. It is a great step up from unemployment. I will still be keeping a look out for a permanent position, but this job might convert to permanent in the future, and it is a very good job in the meantime. Thank you to those that helped me out with small jobs, words of encouragement, etc. It is greatly appreciated!
Hang in there, man!
Hope you find someplace permanent to stay!

If you need a reference, I will happily write one up for you too! (I am still using a lot of your code, especially after Mogster left and you are a good person to work with.) :)

Back