So I'm looking at setting up a server for some playing around with some old friends that don't want to pay EA to play anymore.

We'd like this to be a T2A era server.

I haven't set up a server since UOX3, so it's been quite a long time. I was going to use RunUO, however their community has fallen off of the face of the earth since I last really looked into it, so I was lead here. Now it's time for me to set something up.

I have some questions and would really appreciate someone that could take a little time to give me a crash course for setting up a server based on this timeframe and a few other things. Nothing horribly complex.

Apps to use, what needs to be done. etc.

Eventually this server will be public facing and would love to build a team for it. Developers, GMs, Seers, etc.

Last edited:
So I've set up a RunUO server for now and could still use some info.

GM Tool: PandorasBox3 (Is this good?)
Gump Editor: (I'd like to change some of the images like the login screen)

Is there any way to edit multi's easily?

Are there any stock UO maps from T2A era or earlier that have been fully populated with vendors, monsters, doors, signs, etc? Essentially UO (OSI) clones? that are available for download?

I have never used pandora's box... Lots of people like it but I would honestly do things other ways that you will learn over time... I would highly reccomend downloading UOFiddler and reading many articles on commands ....

Changing the Login Screen would make it so other people who want to play the server would have to download the client pieces. ( I believe) I personally hate changing any client side things...

I don't use GUMPEditor but I know a few who do and like it.

Also, you can use [createworld

That should help you out. (If RUNUO Has that)

I have used Pandora's box to build and have run a few shards but I am mostly a builder. Are you looking to run a pre UOR shard with only T2A? I think if I look hard enough I can find the old T2A map I had that we used and spawned, get back to you on that....

Pre UOR would be great.

If you could find it, that would be outstanding. I'm slowly teaching myself PandorasBox. It's interesting.

Back