greetings all, i am not new to uo, i began custom scripting at beta 36 in (2002ish?)
was sad to see RunUo go, it had a lot of potential, but was glad to see uo keep some continuity and keep churning forward,=.
I have put up several dev bed shards over time mainly a playground to add new things, let the kids play, etc... but would love to find an actively involved non uber shard to assist in.
I don't mind customs, i don't mind going outside the osi ways of things, but it has to be challenging and rewarding at the same time, too many shards out there give you everything at the door and send you into a custom world where you just click and loot.
i have been an active game designer for over 20 years, and a developer for 10 of those, so i know if the right minds are put together a great shard could be born.
i have tons of resources for hosting, forums, even have my own home-based internet that could easily handle the loads of a uo shard and my web host could handle any forums, web accounting, etc....
just need to find the right group of minds and players to get together.
If you already have a shard you are playing with, let me know i would be glad to help, or if you want to put one up, i could do that too.
Just want to have a little fun. if interested let me know.

Daniel Spain

Hi there,

I thought I would give it a shot to send you a message and see if I might get some response.

We are currently a small team that is left from a much larger one. A good number of the team members lost time and interest in the development process, leaving a few very dedicated people behind after over a year of working on it. We have a custom map with some custom items. I am on the team as the mapper and an overseer and we have a dedicated lore writer with one of our members helping to organize a lot of the in between work and some mechanical features. What we are currently lacking is a scripter that shows as much interest in the shard as ourselves, which is something that is, unfortunately, one of the only things standing in the way of the server going up.

We have some ideas for the scripts, but we're flexible and capable of working with a potential candidate as well. We are hoping for things that will aid in the immersion of the world: scripts that are not overwhelming to grasp from a player standpoint and are fair to the players, but also enforce the feeling of the darker undercurrent of the world and provide a scaling level of difficulty that can enforce player cohesion when desired.

Scripting is not the only available task if your interest lies elsewhere, but it is the most necessary for us at this time. Please let me know if you might be interested in lending us a hand. Unfortunately, we have little to no means of monetary compensation for the task, however, there is a permanent opening on the team after launch and a say in the direction of the shard for the people that lend their time and passion.

Thank you,
Admin Col

Back